Forums not working? 07/30/2011 09:48 AM CDT
It seems like over the past week, about 1 in 5 times I'd try to read the forums, they'd either be flat out down (give me a 500 application error) or never respond to commands and just time out.

Yesterday and today that's shot up pretty drastically to about 60% of the time for me. Is anyone else having problems, or is it just me?

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: Forums not working? 07/30/2011 11:49 AM CDT
Same here. Last couple of days have been rough around the edges.

The most common thing is when clicking the Show New Messages link the page loads but then hangs on the Waiting For Results... This has happened in the past, especially when the forums 3.0 were brand new, but its different now in that instead of the accumulating ...'s accumulating ad naseum, they stop after a few and it just sits there not changing.

It doesn't happen all of the time, and usually just clicking the folder name and trying the Show New Messages link again works.

The 500 error is not as common, but its not exactly rare either. Just refreshing the page is usually enough to carry on with my forum browsing.

I'm using Chrome if it makes a difference.

-Evran

[16:15] Chatter[Xxxxxx] just died while mining in prime - good times
[16:17] Chatter[Xxxxxx] Did a beisswurm getcha?
[16:17] Chatter[Xxxxxx] I hear they're pretty mean
Re: Forums not working? 07/30/2011 12:20 PM CDT
I've been seeing this on Safari (iphone, data network) and firefox (PC, regular net)

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: Forums not working? 07/30/2011 01:52 PM CDT
Happening here, too, with Chrome.

I'm not sure how but it's like the boards actually went backward in terms of how effective they are, and that's saying a lot.

Load times? Really?
Re: Forums not working? 07/30/2011 06:55 PM CDT
They always seem laggy on the load. But I am also experiencing the hang, 500, etc.

Firefox, MAC

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Forums not working? 07/31/2011 02:14 PM CDT
I've been having a lot of the same issues recently, and was figuring my work computers were just slow, and that I was online at home during peak hours causing lag. Glad to know it's not just me.

Firefox on Vista.

-Master Ndin
Re: Forums not working? 07/31/2011 04:11 PM CDT
We have some stuff going on in the background (which we'll talk more about later) that MAY be causing it, but I agree, it's getting a little excessive. We'll ask someone to look at it (or whether it will stop after we release what is being worked on).

Solomon
Re: Forums not working? 07/31/2011 04:51 PM CDT
>We have some stuff going on in the background (which we'll talk more about later) that MAY be causing it, but I agree, it's getting a little excessive. We'll ask someone to look at it (or whether it will stop after we release what is being worked on).

I'm just happy to hear it's not me, or something I'm doing.

I figure at some point you guys would just knock me off the forums for being a pain/jerk/troll. Heh.