Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 04/25/2021 06:51 PM CDT
Today, to my misfortune, I discovered that the swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame destroys favor orbs placed in it, leaving behind some shattered glass. It does this without warning, prompt or even any indication that it does anything but store it like any other item. It is not until you attempt to retrieve, and then look for your safely stored orb, that you will discover it shattered and any sacrificed experience lost to the void. Certainly something can be done to prevent this traumatic experience from happening, at least unwittingly. Thank you for the consideration.

>get orb from my thigh pouch
You get a glowing Meraud orb from inside your thigh pouch.

>put orb in my eddy
As you open your swirling eddy you can see that the sides funnel downward toward a watery portal that will be the Meraud orb's eventual destination.
You put your orb in the swirling eddy.

>get orb from my portal
[Assuming you mean a swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame.]
What were you referring to?

>inv search orb
You rummage about your person, looking for something...

Your sishav tashahai is in a large hunting pack crafted from wyvern hide.

>look in my eddy

The interior of the swirling eddy seems to funnel downward where it attaches to a watery portal. You suspect you'll have to look into the watery portal to view or get any belongings.
(LOOK IN PORTAL -or LOOK IN WATERY PORTAL)

>look in portal
[Assuming you mean a swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame.]
In the swirling eddy you see some shattered glass, . . .
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 04/27/2021 03:14 PM CDT
> this traumatic experience

🙄

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 05/02/2021 11:27 AM CDT
The same thing would happen if you tried to put an orb in to your vault. There's no warning there either. Just remember the eddy (portal) contents are "not on your character" but like a mini-vault. I'm sorry for your misfortune, but I believe the lesson is learned.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 05/02/2021 04:28 PM CDT

"The same thing would happen if you tried to put an orb in to your vault. There's no warning there either."

Would it?

>time
It has been 438 years, 24 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
It is the 1st month of Akroeg the Ram in the year of the Iron Toad.

>look
[Fang Cove, Carousel Chamber]
A sturdy vault, set in the back wall, stands ready for use. The floor is made of bare wood, while the walls are sturdy but plain stone. The back wall has a tiny gap between it and the rest of the room. You also see a garbage chute and a steel door.
Obvious exits: none.

>open vault
The vault opens.

>get orb from my pack
You get a glowing Meraud orb from inside your hunting pack.

>put orb in vault
You put your orb in the secure vault.

>look in vault
In the secure vault you see a glowing Meraud orb, a bottom drawer, a middle drawer . . .

>get orb from vault
You get a glowing Meraud orb from inside a secure vault.

The Meraud orb glows faintly in your hand.

>rub my orb
As you rub the Meraud orb, it glows slightly more intensely and you feel a strange tugging, as if something has been moved from you to the orb. You sense, though, that your sacrifice is not yet fully prepared.

>put my orb in vault

>look in vault
In the secure vault you see a glowing Meraud orb, a bottom drawer, a middle drawer, a top drawer . . .

>get orb from vault
You get a glowing Meraud orb from inside a secure vault.

>look my orb
The Meraud orb glows faintly and wavers slightly.
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 05/03/2021 01:39 PM CDT
Well color me corrected. I'm maxed on orbs so couldn't test. I guess times are a changin'. The eddy SHOULD work same as a vault. Good catch!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 05/03/2021 10:09 PM CDT
The vault opens.
>put orb in vault

(GM hacks to stay in a vault longer than the timer allows)

You see a faint glow coming from a secure vault.

You see a faint glow coming from a secure vault.

You see a pulsing light coming from a secure vault.

You see a rapidly pulsing light coming from a secure vault.

You hear the sound of something shatter coming from a secure vault.
>l in vau
In the secure vault you see some shattered glass, ...

A vault is not a safe place for orbs because it is 'off your person'. It is the same mechanic at play with the eddies. Keeping favor orbs on your person is the best way to keep them safe.

Zadraes
Re: Eddy destroys Favor Orbs 05/05/2021 02:34 PM CDT
Ah, that's what I thought happened to me way back in the day. Color me corrected corrected.