Overcrowded areas 02/08/2021 08:33 AM CST

As more and more people move up the ranks, areas are becoming increasingly overcrowded. Are their plans to increase the rooms in highly populated areas such as wyverns,drakes,cabs,moths?

It's becoming very frustrating.

~ Nivak
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/08/2021 07:35 PM CST
In that rank range many people are comfortable sharing rooms, it becomes a necessity. They'll loot some of your kills, you'll loot some of theirs, but when you're already thousands of hours into the rank grind most people don't really care about that kind of moment-to-moment stuff. Try hunting with people, and move only if they ask you to.
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/09/2021 06:53 AM CST
And set up/turn on your auto-listen trigger so I can get some scholarship while hunting. You're welcome to join Hanryu if you see him hunting. I've tried my best to make my scripts pretty friendly to companions.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/09/2021 10:19 PM CST
Wyverns were given expansions in the past year -- Premium expansion to young wyverns in March (2 of those rooms currently with no one in them in Prime), Premium expansion to juvenile in August (all full, but 6 unused open-to-all rooms atm). Adult (currently 2 out of 12 rooms being used) and bone (0 out of 9 rooms being used) wyverns had their drop attack sorted to make them viable to hunt in November. Youngs to bones are 124-195, covering quite the range of skills that have many alternative creatures to hunt in between them.

Cabalists got a Premium expansion in May. Currently a free room in both the Premi expansion as well as the normal area. Cabalists are 164, which puts them in range of several of the Xala'shar as alternatives.

Speaking of Xala'shar, the vindicators (163, 3 of 5 rooms with no players atm) and vanquishers (156, 3 of 8 rooms with no players atm) had their special attacks toned (way) down just last month, the end of January, making them viable. Work on other xala'shar specials is planned soon.

Fuligin moths (170, 3 of 6 rooms free atm), void-black moths (185, 4 of 6 rooms free atm) and shadowfrost moths (195, all 6 rooms free atm) expanded into the Vela'tohr Woods of Forfedhdar last March, April and June respectively. In their P1 original areas, 3 of 7 fuligin rooms are available, 1 for the void-black is available.

Have you checked out telga oreks (151, only 1 out of 12 rooms used atm) by chance? Or scavenger giants (185, 0 out of 14 rooms being used atm)? Elder Adan'f (190, 0 of 13 sorcerers being used, 3 of 13 blademasters being used)? These are all new/updated creatures in the past year that fall within the range of "wyverns" and/or "moths". On the higher end are the ur-maeldryth from 2019 (not on epedia, but they're out there and almost never anyone there!)

Dragon Priest intercessors (160, 5 of 10 rooms available atm) are older, but they also fall within this range. Likewise with the North Wind banshees (160, all 7 rooms available atm).

More work has gone into high level hunting in the past year than the decade prior. It's not perfect, and we're not finished. There's a lot of catching up to do, but we're in a better place than we were and looking to improve still. The creatures listed cover a wide range with several potential alternatives. If you'd like to narrow it some, I can take a closer look.

Zadraes
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/09/2021 10:43 PM CST

>>Elder Adan'f (190, 0 of 13 sorcerers being used

Aaaaannnnnnddddd Just how are those Elder Adan'f being used?

>>ducks and runs

~Dalkin/Jim~
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/10/2021 11:10 AM CST
Z - Pretty please put something in Theren (+1K ranks)?

Thanks. Sorry for the broken record.

Madigan

You sense the Anti-Stun spell upon you, which will last for about seven thousand eight hundred thirty-five roisaen.
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/14/2021 07:06 PM CST
Z,

The elder adan'f blademaster area can actually get kind of crowded earlier in the day so would it be possible to get a premie addition that's specific for blademasters please? Love that you guys made adan'f relevant again for end game hunting, thanks again.
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/25/2021 08:50 AM CST
Z, any chance the team can look at the spawn of the Scavenger Giants? In a 30 minute hunt, non-premie room, over half the time is spent with 0 Giants in room. The spawn in the premie rooms is better.
Re: Overcrowded areas 02/26/2021 08:03 PM CST
I noticed that while I was there when it released and pretty sure that's because of the design of the area. My "guess" is the only way to help mitigate that is to gate the area into small 2-3 room stretches similar to the premium rooms so the respawns find the hunter faster.
Re: Overcrowded areas 03/02/2021 08:14 PM CST
Take another peek? Slightly bumped the chance to spawn near a player. Because it's a larger area, it'll benefit more from having more players in the area, but it shouldn't be awful. If you're the only player in the area, you may need to use HUNT from time to time to move around.

Zadraes