A bumbling Gnome, a low fog... 12/21/2020 08:37 AM CST
So this is just me being nit-picky, but can the "janitor" be turned down on amount of times it shows up in an empty room or when looking at a cluttered piece of furniture?

I'm sitting in a room that's empty (guild hall), playing some notes on my instrument. There's a bucket that gets cleaned every 3 minutes by a dude with a wheelbarrow. Then out of no where, a gnome shows up saying that janitor is going to show up! What? There's nothing on the floor except me.

I then move a room over (the fog follows me by the way) and a low fog rolls in and quickly rolls back out. Ok. I look on the guild rack (full of miscellaneous crap) and again, some text about how cluttered the room is and that if things aren't picked up, I'll lose them. What? Then, bam, another notice of the room being 'cleaned'.

Ok, maybe it's just this guild and the creepiness of it.

NOPE! Head out to hunt rock trolls, kill the first thing and then again, watch out, too much clutter - but I've already picked up the 'treasure' from the creature. Sure enough, a minute later the janitor comes to clean up. Let's test this, so I go to GOBLINS out the west gate of Crossing and never hear from the janitor. Soon as I walk into my guild hall - better watch out, things will be cleaned.

Is my PC bugged? This is the most asinine thing in the last few months I've experienced in this game.

Confused.
Re: A bumbling Gnome, a low fog... 12/21/2020 09:20 AM CST
The janitor in entire zons. Not on individual rooms. If others are cluttering up other rooms in the same zone, it'll fire in your room too.

>Is my PC bugged? This is the most asinine thing in the last few months I've experienced in this game.

🤨

How would your PC impact this?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: A bumbling Gnome, a low fog... 12/21/2020 09:24 AM CST
>>Ok. I look on the guild rack (full of miscellaneous crap) and again, some text about how cluttered the room is and that if things aren't picked up, I'll lose them. What? Then, bam, another notice of the room being 'cleaned'.

Items on the rack are never cleaned up by the janitor (nor are they considered by the janitor when a cleanup needs to be sent).

My understanding is that for some of these cleanups, they're less room-specific and more zone-specific. So it's less if your room is cluttered and more if the zone, in its totality, is cluttered.

>>Is my PC bugged?

Janitor alerts are tied to rooms/zones, not characters.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: A bumbling Gnome, a low fog... 12/21/2020 09:27 AM CST
> How would your PC impact this?

Magic? :)

> Janitor alerts are tied to rooms/zones

Learned something new today.