Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 11:37 AM CDT

Hello.

Something ive noticed of late, in regards to favor orbs, is that i can have a whole slew of skilled locked or close to it.. and rubbing my orb like im scratching the winning ticket for 1m $$ and then, when ALL my exp is gone into the orb and unable to drain.. THEN im told im lacking what the orb requires.

I mean... why not say that at the very first rub so that im not wasting exp. When getting up in the 20s and 30s and beyond for orbs... that comes out to alot of exp gone.

Just saying, seems a little bit broken from where i am looking from, as the person trying to get favors.

Thanks
Re: Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 12:32 PM CDT
I don't think you understand how favor orbs work.

Here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Favors

>All orbs (save Rakash) use the same sacrifice: your unabsorbed experience pool. The more favors or circles you have, the more experience is needed to fill them. In fact, one circle is the same as having one extra favor.

>When it comes to filling the orb there are two methods available to you, you can either RUB the orb to take a small amount of experience from your active pools or you can HUG the orb to give up all experience that has not been drained. You may rub a favor orb inside of a container, but must hold the orb to hug it.

The Orb Myth
There is a prevalent myth about experience leaking from a favor. This most likely originated in the confusion with cambrinth orbs that leak mana.
Favors will never ever lose experience that has been placed inside it. The perception of "leakage" comes from when multiple orbs are filled simultaneously. The orb size is based solely on the number of favors and circles you have at the time of rubbing it.
If you have two orbs both at maximum experience and place one on an altar, the second orb will expand and need more experience since you now have more favors.
The same is true with departing. If you have an orb that is partially filled (based on the look) and die and depart, losing one or more favors, it can potentially be full when next rubbed.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 03:51 PM CDT
>>when ALL my exp is gone into the orb and unable to drain.. THEN im told im lacking what the orb requires

The field experience is the sacrifice. When you have none left, you naturally don't have what it wants. If the orb needed more than you had available, then it will indeed take you to zero via hugging or repeatedly rubbing.

If you're actively trying to fill the orb and not trying to keep field experience, hug is much faster than rub. The orb won't take more than it needs even via hug, so there's no downside to using it in that situation.
Re: Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 08:39 PM CDT

So, if i am understanding this correctly, there is not a specific skill that certain orbs are looking for? Like Everild orbs fill faster with combat ranks Meraud orbs fill faster with Magic ranks? They are all the same? Now does class represent any diversion? Ie Cleric vs Barbarian would/could fill an orb with identical rank pools?
Re: Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 09:27 PM CDT
> So, if i am understanding this correctly, there is not a specific skill that certain orbs are looking for? Like Everild orbs fill faster with combat ranks Meraud orbs fill faster with Magic ranks? They are all the same?

Correct. That is not a thing.

> Now does class represent any diversion?

Nope.

> Ie Cleric vs Barbarian would/could fill an orb with identical rank pools?

Correct.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Favor Orbs 10/08/2020 09:35 PM CDT
>> So, if i am understanding this correctly, there is not a specific skill that certain orbs are looking for?

Correct. Mechanically, there's no difference between the various favor orbs. It's an RP decision. How you get favor orbs can vary by deity, but once you have them they're all filled the same way.*

- I

* The standard pantheon (the 13 Immortals, and their light/dark aspects).