Please fix this - boxes 08/19/2020 11:19 AM CDT
So, this happened and I am really getting tired of complaing. Fix the issue please.

The spirit of the cheetah surges through your veins!
>get cask
You get a mud-stained brass casket from inside your hunting pack.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>swap
You move a mud-stained brass casket to your left hand.
>disarm identify
Right above the lock inside the keyhole, you see a tiny metal tube just poking out of a small wad of brown clay.
The brass casket will be a simple matter for you to disarm.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
The spirit of the cheetah surges through your veins!
R>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
R>disarm careful
You begin work at disarming the casket.
You work with the trap for a while but are unable to make any progress.
You get the distinct feeling your manipulation caused something to shift inside the trap mechanism. This is not likely to be a good thing.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>disarm careful
You work with the trap for a while but are unable to make any progress.
R>
[sanowret-crystal]>exhale my sanowret crystal
You exhale softly on your sanowret crystal, and scintillating sparks of light dance across its surface.
You hear in your mind a quiet recollection of wisdom. Though you think that you could get more knowledge if you were to GAZE into the crystal, you come away from the experience with a further understanding of Arcana as the scintillating lights fade again.
>disarm careful
>
With ever so much agility, you stick your fingernail into the tip of the clay and gently slide the tiny tube out of it and toss it aside. Hrrrm, on second thought perhaps that wasn't a good idea.

Roundtime: 6 seconds.
As soon as you look up, your entire world explodes in a crash of deafening sound and searing heat. You barely have time to register that perhaps you shouldn't be handling things way out of your league before oblivion takes you.
* Asterid was just struck down!
You manage to clutch onto a mud-stained brass casket as you gasp your last!
Your sharpened sense of smell subsides.
You feel the Earth Meld spell dissipate completely.
You feel your heightened reflexes and senses fade back to normal.
The confidence of Lirisa fades from you.
The world seems to accelerate around you as the spirit of the cheetah escapes you.
You feel the knowledge of the Frost Scythe spell slip from your mind.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 157 minutes.

Just prior to disarm:

You feel fully rested.
>inv armor
You aren't wearing anything like that.
[Use INVENTORY HELP for more options.

cast
You gesture.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
Your sense of smell sharpens intensely, drawing forth subtler details in the flora and fauna around you.

cast
You close your eyes and focus on the old hero, Lirisa.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A sound like a soft murmuring fills your ears and a warm feeling spreads through your hands. You suddenly feel more confident about your skinning and locksmithing abilities.

Locksmithing: 805 50% fascinated (25/34)

I have 100 agility, reflex and stamina.

This was a DP assassin box.

This happens to me way too often. These boxes are a simple matter for my skill but they detonate way way way too frequently.

The majority of boxes I find that are xala or DP assassin are all explosive boxes.

I have repeatedly asked for this to be fixed, as have others. Explosive boxes are too deadly.

I have also repeatedly said that I believe my character is bugged but no one ever does anything about but feel that this issue with boxes is related to the bug.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Please fix this - boxes 08/19/2020 02:46 PM CDT
I feel this, it's happened to me a bunch.

I think this is a compound issue. As you get higher level, you are disarming larger numbers of boxes. Boxes usually have multiple traps. And the traps shift in % to more and more potentially deadly traps. So even if you have only a couple fatal trap types, and the at-level chance of blowing them is extremely low, the supply of deadly traps gets higher and you start blowing them more and more at high levels. With combat, you can minimize risk through various strategies to essentially avoid death entirely if you're careful. But with boxes, even when you do everything right - no armor, bonus, buffs, no injuries, using careful options - you will sometimes blow a trap.

I don't think the issue is failure itself so much as the instant death nature of these traps. I think instant death is more appropriate for attempting boxes well beyond your skill level. Especially with the release of burglary, the risk vs reward for high end boxes seems a bit off. Is there a way these traps could be less deadly at level?

Or maybe we should bring back Zoha crits?
Re: Please fix this - boxes 08/19/2020 02:56 PM CDT
One other thing I've found...only remove your shield and head/hand armor. You take the full damage from a box blow when no armor absorption is applied to the damage. Does this negate it 100%. Not even close, but I've gone to an empath with no head or hands and still alive numerous times. Just ask them ;-)

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Please fix this - boxes 08/19/2020 03:11 PM CDT
I wonder if the trade-off in increased disarm difficulty is worth it. I guess I was always skeptical that armor would actually help in a blown box scenario. Would be nice to get a confirmation either way.
Re: Please fix this - boxes 08/19/2020 10:47 PM CDT
I gave up disarming boxes because every third hunt would result in me being fatally wounded from a box that DISARM ID said should be easy. If B&E hadn't come out, I would have stopped training Locksmithing entirely. There's nothing interesting about DISARM ID, rt, DISARM CAREFUL, dead. Bye bye most of your field experience.
Re: Please fix this - boxes 08/21/2020 02:10 PM CDT

I have no idea what it is like to be at your very high level, but it really doesn't matter.
When you get...

>The brass casket will be a simple matter for you to disarm.

and you go ahead and disarm CAREFULLY anyways. Then you not only die but get a message like...

>You barely have time to register that perhaps you shouldn't be handling things way out of your league before oblivion takes you.

yea, no kiding, something is BROKEN! I'd never make it your level because I would quit way before that. What a waste of time. wow.