Login/logout 05/07/2019 05:10 PM CDT

This is just something that I find to be a bit unsettling.

As a paid customer, (Using Stormfront Frontend) If i'm sitting here watching the screen run scripts the game will run all day long...BUT as soon as i'm IDLE doing nothing for only 10 minutes i'm logged out of both the game and the website? I know the scripting policy about afk scripting so I do shut them down if i'm going to be away from the keyboard for any significant amount of time...only to come back and find myself totally logged out.

Windamere Trahalien (returning/reactivated customer)
Re: Login/logout 05/07/2019 06:01 PM CDT
Stormfront has one setting built in to delay an auto-logout - if you haven't done this already, type SET and look at whether you've got INACTIVITY selected or deselected. (! means it is deselected.)

This might help a bit, and I'm sure that people who have written a looping "look" script to prevent idling out would be glad to share how that works. :)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Login/logout 05/07/2019 07:22 PM CDT

Yes thank you, also had a friend tell me about the "FLAG" command, so will see how that works. My personal opinion "Free" accounts i can understand that being FLAGGED. Not for Paid accounts. We'll see how long the inactivity is with the "FLAG", "SF(SET)" is good for.
Re: Login/logout 05/07/2019 07:48 PM CDT
<<and I'm sure that people who have written a looping "look" script to prevent idling out would be glad to share how that works.>>

You don't even need a script for it, you can just enter rest mode. I believe it comes as Ctrl+R by default in Stormfront, otherwise you can just make a macro for {Rest}.

I think it uses EXP as the looping verb. Once upon a time it did NOTORIETY (maybe that was Wizard), which is how I learned that's an equivalent command to EXPERIENCE. I thought there was a way to control what it does, but I can't find it right now.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Login/logout 05/08/2019 01:15 AM CDT
The rest mode works well in SF, and it does use the EXP command to keep you logged in. If you have your own macro set in SF, just use the drop down in the upper right to choose the "O - default" macro set, hit CTRL-R, then use the mouse to launch another app, browser, or whatnot, then you'll stay in Rest mode. If you hit any key (such as ALT-TAB) SF leaves rest mode. I use this all the time to drain and stay online.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0