Cornmaze Pricing 11/03/2018 12:20 PM CDT
Maze run loot:

Hey folks what happened here?

The price points on the New loot is a little insane for stuff that’s just okay.

So as a premium player one, who purchases the 99.99 for 13500 coins (discounted 35%), 1 maze run costs $7.40
This will typically generate 75-125 Kernels depending on tasks/run

So Ideally one racks in 125 kernels per run. 125:1
125: 7.40

Using this ratio one can see easily factor the overpricing done on items this year.

blood-red display: Any Thing from here is $ 296.00

ItemTypeDetailsKernels
firestained cleaver falchion with a carmine leather wrapped gripHE Fire flare62 stones5000
slender kertig blade with an engraved electrum handguardME Electric flare50 stones5000
massive kertig maul with a carved felwood haftGore weapon144 stones5000
firestained kertig bola linked by an indurium chainLB/LT Fire flare56 stones5000

low table ← This is 325.60

ItemTypeDetailsKernels
tiny star-spangled abyss contained within a sigil-inscribed indurium cage on itxx5500

sculpted agonite counter ← This is $888.00

ItemTypeDetailsKernels
dusky dreamweave backpack clasped with a shimmering dragon fire opalContains an agonite mail shirt layered over dusky dreamweave padding, some agonite mail gloves tipped with dragon fire opal talons, some agonite mail greaves patterned with dragon fire opal flames, and an agonite mail balaclava set with dragon fire opal eyesX15000

My point here is that the year before you had a broad and more fairly priced set for your P2W event.
If you compare last year’s tables to this year’s tables one can definitely see the insane difference or perhaps lack for price variety. Clearly some Elanthia inflation going on here… hehe

Please don’t get misunderstand what I am trying to convey. You have some neat things here. But the cost …. Yes, I know every year there has always been at least 1 big ticket item.. But it looks like it's just becoming a common 'thing'. I think there can be a marginal shifting in price point to please everyone and give more players the opportunity for cherished loot.

Not to mention a premium players spends $480 a year to play and they've had the same gift in the tent for 3 months. Might be a better usage of cash flow, to cancel premium and save the money for p2w events... Or just ignore all of it because one doesn't need it to 'win' dr.

I mean look at the beloved HE fest … just a outdated event now with poor drops ratios for materials which aren't even of value enough for them to make the p2w loot list.

You've gone Missing
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/03/2018 01:04 PM CDT

You might consider getting some of those scripts that people use to really optimize their gains! I don't use a script at all but I virtually never make less than 100!

Also, aren't you forgetting the other tables? Many of the other tables include flare armor/equipment as well at a much lower cost! Or are you simply focused on the top $ items, in which case nevermind carry on.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/03/2018 01:20 PM CDT

First off, I agree the prices are too high. Saying that, if someone gets $900 value out of items in a mud then that's their choice. I'm not buying it.

> sculpted agonite counter ← This is $888.00

That said, this isn't just "okay". It's literally the best chain armor in the game with stats near plate. I suspect it's the best armor they can reasonably make for chain before characters start becoming nigh invincible. I don't think it's worth the price, but I'm not really bothered that it's there.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/03/2018 01:29 PM CDT
>>The price points on the New loot is a little insane for stuff that’s just okay.

I don't disagree that the high end items are way too high ended for my blood (and wallet!), but most items are 60-500, which is essentially $6-$50.

Some highlights of the more affordable/accessable range, many that use the new mechs:
*T6 flare armor for 60 kernels.
*T6 flare weapons for 450 kernels.
*T6 light armor set for 100 kernels.
*General worn universal ritual focus for 200.
*T6 light edge ritual foci for 250
*locksmith trainers for 150-250 kernels
*Omnihider for 200 kernels
*large-capacity container for 275 kernels.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/03/2018 09:03 PM CDT
I agree that the prices seem a tad high, but if people are going to pay for it, why stop them?

I would like to see more things in between the "very affordable" and the "very expensive" items, though.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/04/2018 08:23 AM CST
I think the 'high price' items are literally there to be items people who buy thousands of slips from other players can get something.

The stuff on that table isn't functionally worth the $ price. You can get better for cheaper. But it's there.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/04/2018 03:20 PM CST
>>The stuff on that table isn't functionally worth the $ price. You can get better for cheaper. But it's there.

Where else can you get a 27/27 slice weapon? Not saying it's worth the price but I don't think it exists elsewhere.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/06/2018 11:13 AM CST
>>Where else can you get a 27/27 slice weapon? Not saying it's worth the price but I don't think it exists elsewhere.

the watered steel nodachi with lotusweave handle wrapping from the last Drathrok and the ominously glowing icesteel blade capped by a Teiro's Hate ruby from Ulf'hara are pretty comparable (touch less slice on both, but more impact).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/13/2018 10:57 AM CST
if you factor in the maze passes you find as incedentals, the prices drop a lot. i’ve bought 16 passes and have over 3500 kernels. and i don’t script the maze. some luck involved there for sure... but the free pass drop rate is pretty decent
Re: Cornmaze Pricing 11/13/2018 11:23 AM CST

While there's some truth to this, you did just pay $160 for 3500 kernels + however you value the experience of running the maze.