Crits that drop cards? 05/12/2007 12:01 PM CDT
Are there any crits in particular that drop more cards than others?

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/12/2007 12:33 PM CDT
I notice a bunch on Orc reivers and raiders in Rossmans

Drevid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/12/2007 12:44 PM CDT
>> I notice a bunch on Orc reivers and raiders in Rossmans

I should have clarified that I hunt at around sand sprite level.

Though don't let that stop anybody from answering for the benefit of other readers.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/12/2007 12:45 PM CDT
OH - and I meant to put a "thank you" in there somewhere. :)

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/14/2007 12:12 PM CDT
I think sprites would be your best bet, since they spawn fast and drop a fair amount of loot. The card drop rate was 'fixed' a while back, and is moderately low now, so your best bet is to mow through tons of mobs; as far as I know, any treasure dropping mob has an equal chance to drop a card.
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/14/2007 01:55 PM CDT
You're probably right. It always comes back to sprites!

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/14/2007 04:00 PM CDT
I've received the largest percentage of cards on grendels - hands down.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/15/2007 09:28 AM CDT
>> I've received the largest percentage of cards on grendels - hands down.

I'll have to check that out then. They drop boxes right? Do they tend to just drop cards, or boxes with cards in them, or both? I'd be happy to just give the boxes to somebody who could learn from them.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/22/2007 04:04 PM CDT
Yep, they drop cards alone and cards in boxes. I found a World Dragon card in one, and so did a friend of mine, although it was close to 3 months apart, and many many boxes. I was in there w/ her for I'd say 20 minutes yesterday and ended up with 12 boxes. I've always wanted to get a lot of people that can kill the grendels fast in there at once, so we can just gen and kill and get a ton of boxes. Nobody ever seemed interested though. I'll also say, I found 2 Sever Thread scrolls in there, not to mention EM and Shadow Web.

Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/22/2007 04:07 PM CDT
>> I'll also say, I found 2 Sever Thread scrolls in there, not to mention EM and Shadow Web.

Hear that? That's the sound of a hundred moonies stampeding toward grendels to participate in mass slaughter.

Rev. Reene

[Tyrun] "<to you>" I AM INSIDE YOUR VERY MIND. DO NOT FEAR ME. I WILL RUMMAGE THROUGH YOUR THOUGHTS, LIKE A PERVERT IN YOUR UNDERWEAR DRAWER.
Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/23/2007 07:58 AM CDT
Where were these hundred moonies when I was trying to err... find someone to destroy them? :/

Re: Crits that drop cards? 05/23/2007 09:32 AM CDT
>> Where were these hundred moonies when I was trying to err... find someone to destroy them? :/

I can't speak for the other 99 but I went back to Ratha.

I tried the grendels and found a card on my third kill, and thought "wow! This will be great!" After that I didn't find another one for a few hours. Found another maybe an hour later in a box. So, at least for me, they didn't seem to drop any more than sand sprites.

Once again, it always comes back to sand sprites...

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Crits that drop cards? 09/29/2007 08:01 AM CDT
well that seems alot better than 3rd tier snobs, I probably find 1 card in there about every 5-6 hours of hunting.

Codiax.

Inner peace, through outer violence.
Experts: www.robsonforensic.com
Re: Crits that drop cards? 10/11/2007 04:34 PM CDT
Chiming in here a little late, but the best card producer I found would be a toss up between gobs out North gate in Crossing, or Frostweavers in Shard. Coincidentally, both places are premium hunting grounds, so I have not found many cards since I cancelled my premium subscriptions months ago. Don't really find many in geni or basilisks.

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura