A strange card 03/14/2006 07:31 AM CST
The following card will not add to my collectors case, its identical to other card of the same type except the line I bolded. It care off a garg, or out of a garg box. Any ideas what this is?

Vorclaf Sorvendig is the son of Prince Belirendrick Sorvendig and Princess Selan. When he was 25, his father was assassinated by his cousin, Sirolarn. Fearing his cousin might then kill him, Vorclaf fled Zoluren to seek asylum in the north. During the Sorrow War, he returned to his homeland, and with the support of the Therengian Baron, claimed the throne of Zoluren.

The card is bordered with silver foil.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: A strange card 03/14/2006 07:40 AM CST
The only thing I can think of is that they're releasing "special edition" collector's cards. Maybe if you collect all 150 it's worth 66 or 99 plat instead of 33, or something silly like that.

Hold onto it for a while and see is what I would recommend. 'Special limited edition' collector's cards would strike me as a silly idea if it were not so totally realistic.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: A strange card 03/14/2006 08:59 AM CST
the foil cards are special, they have a magical effect when you turn card it only works once . after you have turned it, it will turn into a normal card and fit into your case.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: A strange card 03/14/2006 12:02 PM CST
>they have a magical effect

Sweet, thanks for the info. Are they simply rarer than normal cards, or did I pick this one up somewhere special and forget about it? What's the special effect (ie: should I try it near an empath)?

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: A strange card 03/14/2006 02:17 PM CST
<<Sweet, thanks for the info. Are they simply rarer than normal cards, or did I pick this one up somewhere special and forget about it?>>

Just very rare, out of 5 completed card sets using 2 cases i've found only one (and i think that was from someone else it wouldn't fit in their case yay me).

<<What's the special effect (ie: should I try it near an empath)?>>

the effect is simply a pretty light show given off by the card. it is unique to each card and only done once. so if you do decide to turn it, post it up so others can enjoy it.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF