CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:22 PM CST
What are complete card sets so WORTHLESS?! Why on earth would i want to complete my set of cards just so it becomes "a complete set of cards" (or whatever it was called) with no verbs to see the descs for each card?! You know most ppl who collect cards IRL like to look at 'em every once in a while instead of letting it collect dust!

Almost immediately, you grow dizzy, tottering from side to side until finally collapsing to the ground, dead asleep.
You drop your iron trunk.
Roundtime: 7 seconds.

>awaken
You can't do that while you are asleep.
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:29 PM CST
>What are complete card sets so WORTHLESS?! Why on earth would i want to complete my set of cards just so it becomes "a complete set of cards"

Erm. So you can sell it?

Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:42 PM CST
33 plat

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.

GM XXXXXX "Well, we can't please everyone."

You say, "True, but that is no reason not to try."
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:46 PM CST
Who would want to buy it if you can't do anything with it? And if I could look at the cards from time to time jus tfor fun i wouldn't wanna sell it!

Almost immediately, you grow dizzy, tottering from side to side until finally collapsing to the ground, dead asleep.

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:48 PM CST
then don't complete the set.

Unless this is a pointless complaint, I am not following your distress.

The wagon you got the case from, that collector will give you 33 plat for completed sets. You want to keep looking at the cards, then don't complete a set.

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.

GM XXXXXX "Well, we can't please everyone."

You say, "True, but that is no reason not to try."
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 08:55 PM CST
>then don't complete the set.

Um.. too late?

>You want to keep looking at the cards, then don't complete a set.

I was supposed to know beforehand, how?

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 09:52 PM CST
<<I was supposed to know beforehand, how?>>

i don't know maybe you'd read the broads at some time and perchance come across the GM announcement when cards were released...

or ask fellow card collectors in game

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 09:56 PM CST
>i don't know maybe you'd read the broads at some time and perchance come across the GM announcement when cards were released...

>or ask fellow card collectors in game

1. I dont' live off the boards. I go through periods of activity and peridos of inactivity. Then there's also the 1-2 year breaks from DR.

2. It wouldn't occur to one that they need to read up on more info about cards other than knowing the fact they're there and there's a case for them.

3. Its much more common sense that one can review the cards after it is completed. It wouldn't occur to someone that they might need to ask.

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 10:08 PM CST
[A Wagon]
The dark cedar paneled walls commingle their essence with the scents of strong ink and old parchment that permeate this wagon. Suspended just beneath the ceiling, locked iron-strapped cabinets hang far above the few thin cushions that are the room's only concession to comfort. You also see a small table with a card collector's case on it and the card collector.
Obvious exits: out.

>look coll
The card collector is a young man that always has a set of cards in his hands, shuffling continuously through them as if expecting something new to magically appear among the memorized contents. He appears ready to trade the occasional card or buy full sets of cards .

though yes a sign would be more in your face

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 10:11 PM CST
I don't see your point. Where is the warning that a full set of cards cannot be reviewed?

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 11:18 PM CST
>>I don't see your point. Where is the warning that a full set of cards cannot be reviewed?

How about common sense? There's 150 cards, when you complete a set, and it's put in your hand, common sense about the knowledge of how this game runs (via internal scripts of a sort) would tell you that, honestly, it would probably be a drain on the system to have people be able to look at card number XX and see the full description, when you can just as easily keep them in the case, and remove them and look at them. As a card collector myself, I can tell you I don't bundle up a complete set of cards (even if I had a complete set) and then look at them once in awhile. I would keep them in my case, so that I could flip through them, and look at them... <shrugs>

~~
Xx gags comically for a moment as frost erupts inside his neck, forcing it to explode in a shower of blackened flesh and wrinkled skin. The head wobbles precariously for a second upon the neck's skeletal remains before falling to the ground.
~~
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 11:39 PM CST
>How about common sense? There's 150 cards, when you complete a set, and it's put in your hand, common sense about the knowledge of how this game runs

Sure, except my common sense told me that if they can treat "a card collector's case" as one item and pick out the individual cards, one can do the same to "a complete card set". Yes, i honestly did thought the completion change was just to rename the case for bragging rights, the same case except its locked and you can flip to pages like a primer or something.

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/13/2006 11:41 PM CST
Just to add, even if I didn't thought about what may happen, you can't enforce programing logic/sense to players. Not all players can think mechanically, and this game isn't designed specifically for them.

>awaken
Re: CC's - RAWR!!! 03/14/2006 10:28 AM CST
Try to think positive.

You learned something new.
You have an item in your hand worth 33 platinum
You have a new goal!
(completing another set to keep)