"silver foil" card 01/21/2013 09:14 PM CST
So I couldn't find anything about this from a forum search or on e-pedia...

Have myself a Guildleader Annael card that I thought was just buggy, won't go into a collector case. But, when I took a LOOK at it, saw it had an extra line...

>look card
>Garbed in grey silk, Annael leans lightly against a desk. Her raven hair is swept away from her face, her lips twitched upward in a generous smile. Lightly scarred hands hold a wooden mortar overflowing with nemoih roots.
>The card is bordered with silver foil.

Was there anything special I was able to do with one of these, or should I just go ahead and trade it into the wagon guy for a different card?

Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: "silver foil" card 01/21/2013 11:15 PM CST
The foil cards are magical and you activate them by "turning" them (I think). The activation shows you a vision or some grandiose display associated with the card and then it turns into regular card and can be placed in a collector's case.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: "silver foil" card 01/22/2013 12:10 AM CST
ohhh, very cool, thanks Yamcer!

For those playing along at home:
>get card from mor
You get a Guildleader Annael card from inside an amethyst blown glass mortar which is in your mapmaker's haversack.
>turn card
You are about to activate a Guildleader Annael card.
[Repeat the command again to confirm.]
>turn card
You turn over the Annael card to admire its obsidian-black underside and the life-like rendition of two iridescent serpents twined together that seem to float on its surface.

As you watch, the serpents float free of the card, spinning around one another in a beautifully fluid dance that moves you with its grace. After a few moments the vision fades as does the power of the card.

If I turn it again:
You turn over the Annael card to admire its obsidian-black underside and the life-like rendition of two iridescent serpents twined together that seem to float on its surface.

And someone else in the room saw:
Kythryn fiddles with something in her hand and from that outstretched palm rises two beautifully iridescent serpents dancing in spirals around one another. Before you have a chance to exclaim in delight the vision fades.

Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: "silver foil" card 01/22/2013 12:14 AM CST
I thought the vision was associated with the card since the one I had was the world dragon and I got two serpents. Seems that might be was all the foil cards do.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF