Misenseor resuscitants 10/04/2014 02:18 AM CDT
I think the boxes these drop might be bugged. They're paying very poorly. I took a break from DR of about 4 months and now that I'm back I've noticed a huge difference in the goods you get out of their boxes.
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/05/2014 10:38 PM CDT

You search the Misenseor resuscitant.
The resuscitant was carrying a deeply gouged driftwood skippet!
You open the driftwood skippet...

In the driftwood skippet you see a huge olive aquamarine, some copper coins, some bronze coins, and some gold coins.

> get coin
You pick up 8 copper Dokoras.
> get coin
You pick up 2 bronze Lirums.
> get coin
You pick up 5 gold Lirums.
> get aqua

You get a huge olive aquamarine from inside your driftwood skippet.
> app aqua

You are certain that the olive aquamarine is worth exactly 7027 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Seems right to me.

BUT

What you might be seeing is how new crafting system nuggets replace gems in the loot roll.

So lets say the average Resus box is 1.20 plat. With this new system some boxes will have as low as one crafting system nugget worth 2-3 gold.

Obviously that puts a big dent in your take home over time.

The odds are pretty low (although RNG can give you a bad streak of these in a row).

I severely dislike it and have complained about it multiple times since it came to my attention months ago and will continue to do so every chance I get.

Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/21/2014 09:24 PM CDT
boxes suck period, i mean really what would that box that had no crafting mats give you? maybe 1 plat per box? Not sure how much that gem was worth...I guess 20 plat per 20 boxes would be ok if you really wanted to take the time to pick them which is just a pain.
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/21/2014 10:14 PM CDT
Well this is only a mid level (~400-500 locksmithing) box so 1.2 plat per box is just fine.

Now as far as something 3x more difficult...

Takes me three seconds (if its a 1 trap/1 lock) to open a box worth multiple plats.

That's before the +50% trader bonus.

Also each box has a chance to be a "jackpot" worth anywhere from 20 to 200 plat (even louts and goblins), again before the +50% trader bonus.

But you don't have to believe me, I've only opened nearly 100,000 boxes, and that's actually not a gross over-exaggeration.

:D

P.S. Skinning sucks. J/K
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/22/2014 03:31 AM CDT
<<Also each box has a chance to be a "jackpot" worth anywhere from 20 to 200 plat (even louts and goblins), again before the +50% trader bonus.

QFT. One of the first normal rock troll boxes I opened on my current character contained the following:

You open the pine strongbox...

In the pine strongbox you see a huge brown ruby, a huge electrum nugget, a huge green-yellow sapphire, a large grey diamond, a huge clear diamond, a huge scarlet ruby, a huge rose ruby, a large yellow diamond, a huge banded mint green emerald, a huge grey star-stone, a huge skyblue sapphire, a large smoky pink sapphire, a huge green emerald, a huge electrum nugget, a huge yellow-green alexandrite, a huge platinum nugget, a huge amaranth sapphire, a huge blue-purple opal, a huge banded moss-green emerald, a huge banded moss-green emerald, and a huge moss-green emerald.

It was worth about 120 plat kronar before trader bonus, and about 170 plat after with the trader that I used to sell it all. It probably would have been worth a bit more if the handful of nuggets hadn't been in there, but even so they were worth several gold each. I haven't had another jackpot box as big as that yet, but I've had several 20 plat or so jackpots.

Back on topic, at the level I'm hunting, (~250 rank boxes with a payout of about 4-5 gold a box) nuggets aren't usually that bad of a thing to find in boxes yet. A typical box nugget runs anywhere from 5 silver to 4 gold for the copper, bronze, silver, electrum, and platinum ones. The other metals are usually around 3 to 4 silver each, so they're a bit of a bummer, but most of the time you get a decently priced one. I can definitely see once you get to higher average box payouts the relative value of the nugget would become much more of an issue.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/23/2014 08:48 PM CDT
Odd, I used to bother training locksmithing...and in all my time doing it I don't think i've ever had a jackpot box. I have never really trained it to a high level really but i've had alot of boxes popped but just stopped doing so because it wasn't worth the time. I have however popped a crapload of low level boxes over the years and never got anything decent besides maybe one that was mediocre at best. Maybe like 10 plat on a lower level box. Obviously if your a thief its worth the keeping the boxes you get, or if you just like to do it, otherwise though it seems a wash.
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/23/2014 08:51 PM CDT
and 400-500 lcoksmithing is only mediocre to a high level thief. Everybody else that would probably be considered high tier...
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/23/2014 09:11 PM CDT
Jackpot boxes are a relatively new thing. I'd say they were added about 5 or 6 years ago? Maybe 7? Something like that anyway.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/24/2014 01:01 AM CDT

500 is the new 200.
That's just the effect of New Exp, which is already like 5 years old, or whenever necro's came out, it was around then.
Really though it's not me saying 500 is middle, the skill goes up to 1750. I was actually being quite generous calling it middle, if you look at it that way.

My first jackpot was when I was just a brand new little locksmith in 2007 or maybe 8... but I think they were at least a little older than that.
It was a goblin box with 20 plat in gems and coins, which I used to buy my first forged weapon, and I was hooked on boxes for life.

:D

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but I will defend locksmithing as one of DR's two (not counting traders and re-sellers) ways of really making coin, skinning and locksmithing. Most people choose one and love it to death, all in all I think they're pretty even. I've had extensive conversations with people about it.

It's definitely competitive.
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 10/25/2014 07:24 PM CDT
<I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but I will defend locksmithing as one of DR's two (not counting traders and re-sellers) ways of really making coin, skinning and locksmithing. Most people choose one and love it to death, all in all I think they're pretty even. I've had extensive conversations with people about it.

Your probably right, I just never liked doing it myself, I'm probably missing out.
Re: Misenseor resuscitants 11/09/2014 03:22 PM CST
>>With this new system some boxes will have as low as one crafting system nugget worth 2-3 gold.

I've noticed that crafting nuggets have app values that don't match their "actual" values if they were mined out.

So I've gotten platinum nuggets worth 3 silver and copper nuggets worth 5 gold, etc.

The only issue is that if you melt them down they "normalize" in value, which could be better or worse depending (normally worse) and the gem shop NPCs still cap off their values like they would mined materials (so that 5 gold copper nugget still goes for just 2 gold or whatever).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.