Gnome Village Zoo 10/12/2017 06:45 PM CDT
Kind of playing off the thread from last year, 'Always Available Flex', but was thinking a Zoo would be cool.

However, it wouldn't have combat at all BUT afford Scholarship/Appraisal training maybe. Basically Raven's Court, but with critters.

Allow players to appraise and recall the critters in each room, or maybe gain scholarship from studying the little informative plaques in front of each cage. Divide it into areas either on locale (alpine critters, desert critters) or type (Here in the canine room you have black leucros, blood wolves, and a crazed madman who refuses to leave, etc.) or level (passing through the silverfish and rat exhibit we come to the trollkin and boggle pen. Awwww).

Plus the eventual invasions from 'OHNOSOMEONEOPENEDALLTHECAGES!PANDEMONIUM!' would be...um...fun.

And the side benefit of being able to go somewhere - safely - and find out that yeah, maybe I'm not ready for 'x' critter quite yet. Admittedly some of the most fun I've had was going exploring somewhere and getting horribly in over my head. But anyways, just an idea.

>get coin
You try to get some mounds of platinum coins, but they're out of reach.
>wail
You begin an eerie, warbling wail of despair.
Re: Gnome Village Zoo 10/13/2017 04:51 AM CDT
This is a nifty idea.

I don't know for sure that it could work, but it is interesting!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Gnome Village Zoo 10/25/2017 06:42 PM CDT
>This is a nifty idea.

>I don't know for sure that it could work, but it is interesting!

This could be a cool addition to Raven's Court, as well, which I know was not the intention of the original post. You could have a butterfly garden or an aviary with randomly spawning animals to appraise and look at. Similar descriptions to the paintings. Things like that.

Might also be cool to have a wine or brandy cellar that members could roam around in an appraise items. Those items could be part of a rotating list that people could sample.

I'm really just looking for interesting places to hang out in the game that other people might want to hang out in, too, and do something other than script skills.