Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 11:22 AM CST
I'd like to see some creatures that flex that are available on a permanent basis. The wiki indicates that Tortured Souls (2) are the only currently available, and that they're incorporeal. The purpose of this would not be to keep pace with high level characters, as it was in the past, but instead to offer the ability to test yourself against flex enemies before events like the Elpalzi, Dathrock's, and the Corn Maze take place. I was thinking a variety of different constructs with no loot, or a super rare drop like tortured souls with the soulstones, but you would have to pay coin of the province to enter the area for some amount of time and it would be locked to just you while you were there. There could be a leader board for most kills in one session, for bragging rights.
Re: Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 11:44 AM CST
On one hand, I'd love flex critters to hunt as a daily thing its hard to find mobs tailored for me, especially because I play a survival prime, armor/weapon tert.

On the other hand, it feels like it would encourage bad gameplay habits, from even more endless scripting (which is already a thing, for me included!) to disincentivizing people from trying new things.

That said, it would be neat if there was some kind of non-teaching flex-mob whose settings you could tweak (with armor, without armor, with weapons, without weapons, etc) to get your head around how those mobs would work on quests.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 12:02 PM CST
Yeah, the point wasn't easy training. The point was test how you'll do against the type of enemies you'll encounter for events. If no teaching helps that, then so be it. But I was thinking the lock the area to one person, pay to enter, and earn no coin drawbacks would also make it not the ideal place to script skills. You don't think so?
Re: Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 12:12 PM CST
A creature with some interesting special attacks that could always wreck you offensively but that you could always hit with some work could be interesting.

Mazrian
Re: Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 12:29 PM CST
It could be some type of pay-to-access hunting ground without loot, to give incentive not endlessly scripting? So net negative income.

If it's just about figuring out how to effectively fight flex critters, I wonder if exp could be turned off entirely.

Could also make it an 'alternate exp' system clone, where you can hunt in there for 1 hour and then you're locked out of gaining any more exp for 23 hours.

I don't think any of these are reasonable and couldn't be bypassed easily. I'm just spitballing.
Re: Always Available Flex 11/10/2016 12:33 PM CST
Now that I'm thinking about it, Fate's Fortune has this. Just that no one goes to Fate's Fortune.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.