More Goblins 09/08/2016 09:50 PM CDT
I would really enjoy seeing more types of goblins. Would like to see something that would exist in skill level between goblins shamans and snow goblins.

Would also be interesting if there were rare spawn goblins in each classification of goblins. These rare spawns would be slightly more difficult than their typical type and would be called something like field goblin warriors or snow goblin warriors, or maybe tacticians... something that indicates their being rare.

Any chance we can get some new types of goblins??

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: More Goblins 09/09/2016 07:55 AM CDT

There is so much to hunt in the 20 - 175 ranks skill range this seems like a waste of resources honestly. You can go anywhere and find things to hunt at those levels.

Now fleshing out gremlins to have each element (Fire and Electric ones IG now), or adding lower and higher giants (I'd love to kill a newborn giant :P), or fixing the stupid flying gryphons so they are actually useful to hunt would be kind of nice.
Re: More Goblins 09/09/2016 10:51 AM CDT
We could use another construct in that range, but I'm not sure what a goblin construct would be.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: More Goblins 09/09/2016 07:55 PM CDT
>>We could use another construct in that range, but I'm not sure what a goblin construct would be.

I have an idea:

Imagine a long-abandoned Goblin burial site. There are upturned graves, broken burial markers, even several small temples in disrepair.

It is overrun with Shambling Goblins. These are undead Goblins that are more difficult than the Zombie Goblins in Riverhaven and lie in the 50 - 75 skill range. They hit hard and occasionally give disease if they cause external bleeding with their hits.

There are also Goblin Bone Constructs (kind of rare) made up of the skeletal remains of the dead Goblins. They are stronger than Shambling Goblins, lying in the 55 - 80 skill range. They hit REALLY hard.

Last, there are Goblin Death Callers - a rare goblin that casts necromancer spells - much more powerful than the Shambling Goblins, lying in the 65 - 90 skill range.

Spawn ratios would be something like:

1 goblin bone construct : 10 goblin zombies

1 goblin death caller : 50 goblin zombies

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: More Goblins 09/09/2016 08:11 PM CDT
>>They hit hard and occasionally give disease if they cause external bleeding with their hits.

From general experience, players don't actively seek out critters that are more annoying than normal.

Along with that, having a hard/rare mob show up along with the regular mobs really throws the hunting/training setup for that area out of whack. I know I hate it when tuskies show up in stompers.

I think there's a place for boss mobs, like after killing X number what amounts to an entrance to an instance-area with a boss opening up, but mixing something hard in with easier stuff tends to just make the area unusable (or at least annoying) by people who just want to hunt the normal mobs.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: More Goblins 09/09/2016 09:05 PM CDT
>I think there's a place for boss mobs, like after killing X number what amounts to an entrance to an instance-area with a boss opening up

I've always thought this would be a great way to maximize development time in DR. Special events are fun and financially smart for Simu, but smaller solo or group instances that were permanent in nature would be an amazing addition to the game. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Lost_Dungeons_of_Norrath

In DR you could make them on a RL timer per character to avoid people chain scripting them to get all the rewards quickly, if that was a concern.

Basically repeatable, instanced content where you earned points ("scrip", whatever) you could save up to buy nice items. I'm not sure how well the game architecture lends itself to generating instanced rooms/areas, though.
Re: More Goblins 09/10/2016 08:02 PM CDT
It would be great to have a pseudo-invasiony type mob spawn when you kill a certain number of the smaller variety, that required teamwork and/or a lot of skill for a solo player.

So like in the goblin case, if possible, increase the penalty for the necro goblin to defense and have it impact offense. I.E. 10 people can advance to melee and it gets overwhelmed and doesn't hit as hard as if it were facing 1 person and wrecked their day.