Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 04:58 PM CST
After seeing a few new critters released, can I ask again, is there anything planned in the Therengia area? Looking for something past the 500 ranks range, maybe ranging up to 700 ranks if possible, or an adjustment to them annoying higher level gryphons please

Thanks

Somni
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:04 PM CST
<< After seeing a few new critters released, can I ask again, is there anything planned in the Therengia area? Looking for something past the 500 ranks range, maybe ranging up to 700 ranks if possible, or an adjustment to them annoying higher level gryphons please >>

A lot of people are looking for this (though preferably well past 700 ranks!). New hunting is planned for muspari according to the last premi meeting, and I got the impression it will include high level hunting.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:20 PM CST
> is there anything planned in the Therengia area? Looking for something past the 500 ranks range, maybe ranging up to 700 ranks

Sky giants. Already up there.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:34 PM CST
Yeah! I'd like to see those Orc Savages and Orc Slashers settle down into Rossman somewhere... they are perfect.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:38 PM CST
Maybe i should have put "any critters worth training in, not ones that stun you all the time, or are pretty much resistant to all my magics, or the spawn rate is so slow I can't get past 1/34, etc"

Thanks

Somni
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:40 PM CST
yeah it seemed like those orcs that keep invading were going to be moving into rossmans but nothing so far. what's going on with them? i know a lot of people would love to have those in there
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:40 PM CST
>>Yeah! I'd like to see those Orc Savages and Orc Slashers settle down into Rossman somewhere... they are perfect.<<

I like this idea. It makes good sense given the setting and the activity with Viggu.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:43 PM CST
The high level orcs would be terrific, they are already made as well. Please create a home for them that we can invade?
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:44 PM CST
Sky giants are not effective. The spawn is way to slow, the teaching rate is way too slow. Elder gryphs cast TC which is downright annoying, and my character has pretty much outgrown those, anyway. I would love to see sky giants get a nice tweak to spawn and teach better, or see something similar coding-wise like the Musparan hhinvi (although here too, with a better spawn rate). Or something new entirely, as long as it teaches.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:45 PM CST
i agree completely we need more critters in therengia harder things that teach us therengians great
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:45 PM CST
Add scavenger/slashers!!!
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:46 PM CST
I definitely agree, we could use something else here in the Theren area. Not alot to choose from at higher ranks.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:48 PM CST
I would agree on them orcs, they were great, with a good variety and good range, lets have them please

Somni
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:49 PM CST
I totally meant savages and slashers!!!!!!
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:51 PM CST
I'm going to have to state my opinions flat out. With the addition of new Critters on "hara'jaal" i believe it's time that Therengia got some love with something that isn't a deer. I'll have to agree with the "I'd like to see those Orc Savages and Orc Slashers settle down into Rossman somewhere..." suggestion. Though Redeth and I rarely see eye to eye, i believe that the mainland needs a little bit of a boost on major critter lvls.

As far as Futility's comment about more jerks coming from here or there.. buddy we are already here, there and everywhere.

I think something like those Orc Savages would be a perfect addition. Also while we're at it can we get juvie/adult armadillos in the hunting preserve outside of the crossing west gate? Let's face it, there are FAR too many LARGE room areas with nothing useful in them. I.E. The Gash and its horde of snowbeasts. Last time i checked the date was 2-10-2011 not 2-10-00.

Thanks!

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 05:55 PM CST
I would like to add, one again my agreement that we desperately need higher critters in Therengia. Its really hard to role play being part of an order in Theren when I'm not there whenever I wish to hunt at level. I feel we need critters similiar to baby celps, big celps, juvies, adults and elder dillos. And we need lots of hunting rooms!

Thank you

Felicini
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 06:02 PM CST
Add me as a vote for the "give love to Therengia" and "give us higher level critters in the area"

The slashers and various orc critters would be great

D
Agreed! Orc Savages and Slashers would be perfect for this area to bridge any gaps. And honestly, they are already coded so this should be pretty easy... just plop down some rooms, set a generation rate and viola. (Lol, I make it sound easy, I know.) But isn't it?
I have to agree that the higher end hunting choices leave something to be desired. I would be fine with something a little better than what is currently available, as I am sure many would agree, if Theren or Rossman's for some reason is inconvenient for some reason, then another place such as Haven or even Crossing.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 06:07 PM CST
I'm not at this hunting level yet, but I couldn't agree more. I am part of an order and would like to see the better fighters staying in the area
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 06:12 PM CST
I agree, it would be nice to hunt something that level closer to home

Amlach says, "For the love of the immortals do not insult Raenilar."
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 06:31 PM CST
The orc savages and slashers would make for some good permanent hunting.

V2
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 08:42 PM CST
<<Sky giants. Already up there.

They might be an option with some changes. Increase the gen, increase their attack and reduce the amount of spells they cast. Sure, then you have a real option at 500'ish ranks. Without those changes, they are good for offensive training but not defensive.

Therengia would be a great place for 700'ish ranks of training and up. Just make those big orcs a home and show us the door!

Madigan
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/10/2011 08:45 PM CST
>>Therengia would be a great place for 700'ish ranks of training and up. Just make those big orcs a home and show us the door!

Yeah, like a secret doorway leading into a basement connecting to a cave within the Rossman mansion. Prime pickings for 700+ Orc Whatever's.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 06:50 AM CST
I didn't think there were any Therengians above 500 ranks. :(

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 11:48 AM CST
<<I didn't think there were any Therengians above 500 ranks. :(

You sir shall die for your insult. That is all.

Madigan
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 11:49 AM CST
Oh, I just thought he meant because they all had to leave to train :P

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 12:51 PM CST
I know. I was just having some fun with Vin. Frankly, that is the exact reason most of us have left. There is just darn nothing to train at a certain level. Hard to maintain a RP in the area without some training options.

Madigan
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 02:12 PM CST
It would be nice if there was some input from a red name if there is anything in the works, there sure are alot of people asking for this!
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 03:39 PM CST
>>I know. I was just having some fun with Vin.

:D

Theren needs some high level hunting. Hopefully more options become available for you guys.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/11/2011 04:26 PM CST
>>Theren needs some high level hunting. Hopefully more options become available for you guys.<<

Also, so Vin has something to hunt when he comes back to kill you guys.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/12/2011 08:18 AM CST
>Also, so Vin has something to hunt when he comes back to kill you guys.

I resemble that remark, even if its after he gets hauled off to jail for killing Silus and Glemm.

Magus Adakin of Prime

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/12/2011 11:26 AM CST
Guess the verdict is out but I can't quite understand why the staff is so against the idea of adding higher level creatures closer to the mainland. People have been asking for this sort of thing for since I can remember and I really hope that DR isn't becoming a game where the development just neglects the request or opinions of their players.

There seems to have been no problem whatsoever by adding the toughest critters to date into an area easily accessible at P5 but yet so very close to Shard at the same time. (No obnoxious barge ride included.)

Orc Slashers and Savages are a simple fix to make everyone happy, but I guess in the interest in someone's vision for the game it isn't that simple.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/12/2011 11:37 AM CST
From what I can gather, the recent creature introductions were in QC a while back, which is why they're allowed out now. Any area changes that weren't already in QC are going to wait until after combat changes, apparently.
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/17/2011 08:52 AM CST
>>Guess the verdict is out but I can't quite understand why the staff is so against the idea of adding higher level creatures closer to the mainland.

It wasn't too long ago when it was said that high level hunting was going to be harder, have more pitfalls/annoyances, or whatever you want to call them. My assumption is that they intend on making it somewhat harder to reach the top by not putting mainland high level hunting etc etc.

This last year or two it feels like the GM opinions have changed on this matter as some pretty darn high-level hunting areas have popped up that are easy trainers and more mainland hunting appears to be on the way. (Also some mainland high-level hunting exists already as of this year)

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Critters in Therengia 02/23/2011 05:19 AM CST
aaww no red names answered this ;o(