Critter Bait! 11/11/2009 12:00 PM CST
this really isn't a suggestion for a -creature- but for Item(s) to increase spawn rates in an area.

Creature Bait!

meats, blood, holy relics to get the attention of undead, etc..

This brings us to where to get these meats and other such baits.. the Butcher verb!

* Kill the Crocodile, Arrange it, Skin it, -Butcher- it to try to get some meat from it, then search it to wash away the corpse. |we'll get to the lore skill Cooking) in a later post ;) |

Drop some Meat on the ground (this should work even better on hot breezy days when the smell carries farther) and the predators come a-runnin to inspect the kill! increase the effect for scavenger type creatures such as wolves.

I think it would be great to chum the waters to increase the spawn rate.

also, while we're at it, maybe having an untended bleeder (or when the bandage fails) in a water filled area should passively increase the spawn by a small amount. it only makes sense!

What say you?!
Re: Critter Bait! 11/11/2009 01:50 PM CST
I've always thought something like this would be a great way to increase spawn and also a way to learn Animal Lore.

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Critter Bait! 11/11/2009 02:16 PM CST
<<What say you?!

I picture being like Link in the original Legend of Zelda. This is a good thing even moreso if we can buy it from a moblin.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer