Garden Variety 09/04/2009 10:09 AM CDT
I've just reached a spot in my hunting career where there are some nice flexing hunting grounds for me to play in. The challenge of overcoming a tougher than average creature adds a little spice to an experience that tends to be monolithic.

I'd love to see rare variety creatures that spawn in hunting grounds to challenge the hunters there. They would need a name that sets them apart from the garden variety creatures. This rare critter would have some combination of much more stamina, better offenses, better defenses, stealth abilities, spells, etc. Let these advantages be offset by some weakness like vulnerability to damage type, poor perception, etc.

"There are five bites left of the dead mouse."
Re: Garden Variety 09/04/2009 05:48 PM CDT
>there are some nice flexing hunting grounds for me to play in

I thought there were no more flexing hunting grounds.

What areas still flex?

~Nitish
Re: Garden Variety 09/04/2009 06:13 PM CDT
Well, there are tiered hunting grounds. Those are even better, imo.
Re: Garden Variety 09/05/2009 11:20 AM CDT
I suppose I really meant there are areas where the creature skill has a significantly wider range than most - some of them are easy, most are challenging, and some will shoot me in the face.

"There are five bites left of the dead mouse."
Re: Garden Variety 09/07/2009 10:38 PM CDT
I believe Tortured Souls in Misenseor Abbey flex. Been a while since I was last down there, but they did a number on me long after the Haven Souls became trivial.