Mimics 08/22/2009 05:22 PM CDT
An dynamically flexing creature, that starts at a static level and flexes up gradually. So the longer you dance with it, the stronger it becomes as it learns your technique and improves on it. I am thinking some sort of calculating magic construct or something like that. The area would be very good spawn and large so it would encourage fast killing and moving on. Great for weapons training, not so good for defense training.
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 05:39 PM CDT
Pretty cool idea on paper, except:

>Great for weapons training, not so good for defense training.

This alone will make it unhuntable. Just look at mature/adult/elder gryphons and their flying garbage.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 07:35 PM CDT
I don't think that it would be un-huntable if there were a creature that taught defences well somewhere relatively nearby. Anyway, this would not have to be a mainstream hunting area more of a specialized area for learning weapons at an above average rate with some risk.
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 07:38 PM CDT
As long as they're skinnable :)

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 07:58 PM CDT
>I don't think that it would be un-huntable if there were a creature that taught defences well somewhere relatively nearby. Anyway, this would not have to be a mainstream hunting area more of a specialized area for learning weapons at an above average rate with some risk.

Yes. Let's promote specialized hunting grounds. Want to learn weapons? Hunt Mimics in Shard. Defenses? Bunyons in Haven are a great bet! Skinning? Oh, neither teach skinning, you need to go to Ratha and hunt Moths. And none of those drop boxes, so you'll need to to to Hibiwhatever and kill Stupiddwarfthings for boxes.
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 08:04 PM CDT
You're all taking this to an extreme. All he's talking about is a critter that discourages dancing and encourages you to make sure your attacks COUNT or you risk death.

It's a different style of hunting but you could still learn defenses just fine, particullarly if your offenses are in a higher skill set then your defenses.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 08:05 PM CDT
Not to that extreme. You would probably be happy if the GMs released a big fat blob creature that pooped out coins directly into your pocket whenever you hit it and also teaches from 10-1000 ranks without ever posing a real threat.. am i rite?
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 08:09 PM CDT
>All he's talking about is a critter that discourages dancing and encourages you to make sure your attacks COUNT or you risk death.

This is true. And it does not have to be the only creature in the skill range.
Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 08:13 PM CDT
>>Not to that extreme. You would probably be happy if the GMs released a big fat blob creature that pooped out coins directly into your pocket whenever you hit it and also teaches from 10-1000 ranks without ever posing a real threat.. am i rite?

It needs to teach from 0-2000, teach perc and escaping, and animal lore when you appraise it. And be skinnable and drop boxes. That open themselves.

Re: Mimics 08/22/2009 08:58 PM CDT
>>That open themselves.

But still teach Disarm and Picking to 2000 too.

Re: Mimics 08/23/2009 12:15 AM CDT
Can it also have a super strong light source so that it can activate pyramids regardless of cloud cover or weather?

Maybe some teeth so I can keep making good arrows and never have to hunt somewhere else?
Re: Mimics 08/23/2009 12:15 AM CDT
It'd actually just hand the arrows back to you as it died.

Re: Mimics 08/23/2009 12:39 AM CDT
With animal lore, we should be able to just charm it into feeding us experience via teaching classes.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.