DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 10:41 AM CDT
been hunting DP assassins for awhile... can't even touch or see them today, normally I can dodge their hits, but they're going snipe happy on me too. Was buffed and wound free.
Also, did they get some new attacks?

maybe I always caught them before they got to melee, but this looked new too-

back of your neck as a sinuous serpentine voice hisses softly in your ear, "I can tassste your fear!"
A dark shadow sweeps past you as a dull flash of silver catches your eye, gripped in a scarred serpentine hand. Ripples of searing hot pain wrack your body as the blade cuts into your right arm, thick spurts of crimson blood cascade though the air from your fresh wound.
-Only did cuts and bruises, no cascading blood

Also these looked new too.. is it like a grapple attack? There were a few points were I tried to retreat but I couldn't, and I couldn't leave the room because I had one engaged on me in hiding.

Suddenly you feel a warm breath caress the back of your neck as a sinuous serpentine voice hisses softly in your ear, "Ssso easssy... ssso... pathetic!"
With agile movements you force your weight sideways and shift on the balls of your feet, but your shadowed assailant manages slip back into the shadows with a subtle hiss.

The Dragon Priest assassin leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
Suddenly you feel a warm breath on the back of your neck as a sinuous serpentine voice hisses softly in your ear, "You are mine, ssscum!"
Instinctively you shift your weight and manage to twist free from your restraint, revealing a Dragon Priest assassin.

An old cranky ogre with no legs says, "Naarg wives all this Naarg wives now."
Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 10:49 AM CDT
They are now 150th level critters. Not sure on your combats though.
Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 11:31 AM CDT
150th now? so that happened within the week or something? are those attacks new though?

450 longbow, 550 TM, 400+ evasion/parry, + a bunch of WM buffs.

Last week I was fine, they'd get grazing hits once in awhile, and would rarely damage me, I could usually search them out in 1 try, and point to them by the time they're at pole. One shot them with by bow most of the time, and took 4-5 casts of CL at most to kill one.
Right off the bat though I got stunned from a snipe, then couldn't retreat/move, then a few shots later I was dead. Went back later to see if i was crazy and it was the same thing over again. Might as well have been wearing a blindfold and a target.

Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 11:35 AM CDT
The level change is recent but the attacks are not.

-Z
Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 11:37 AM CDT
>>Last week I was fine, they'd get grazing hits once in awhile, and would rarely damage me, I could usually search them out in 1 try, and point to them by the time they're at pole. One shot them with by bow most of the time, and took 4-5 casts of CL at most to kill one.

Because they flexed. Now they don't.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 11:44 AM CDT
FYI, here's the announcment:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=10&topic=16&message=1647

There doesn't appear to be one anywhere else I looked.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: DP assassins upgraded? 08/19/2010 11:48 AM CDT
so it was a week ago

ahhh ok, yeah I never saw that post... ok I guess that might've been helpful, guess I'll stay away for awhile then.

thanks