re: 11/19/2008 02:53 PM CST
me too since i tend to hunt at odd hours and in huge areas for some reason

hopefully it'll work :)
re: 11/24/2008 06:18 PM CST
I too am having trouble getting 4 creatures to melee with me. By the time the 4th wanders in the 5 minute limit hits and the other 3 retreat.

Could the 5 minute limit be increased to 10 or so? I seem to be in a sticky spot where 3 doesn't move MO that much, 4 is good but I can't get 4 consistently enough to learn it, and the next creature up I can handle 2 max and have to run if a third comes in
re: 11/24/2008 09:16 PM CST
Heyo!

We'll take a look at MO first. I'd rather not ever be in a position where someone must have 4 critters on them. This makes the areas too difficult for the folks who just need weapon/defense training, forcing folks to underhunt in order to survive high spawn rights.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
re: 11/24/2008 09:26 PM CST
>>I'd rather not ever be in a position where someone must have 4 critters on them.

I've been hoping for a change like that forever, please make it so.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
re: 11/24/2008 09:35 PM CST
Please consider extending mindstate protection so having high MO doesn't produce a learning penalty.

-Sephos
re: trigger happy troubles 12/11/2008 10:27 PM CST
Thanks! Seems to be working over on M'riss. I used to get shot at about every other time I went for a climbing run. Been on about 30 runs tonight and haven't gotten hit once.
re: trigger happy troubles 12/11/2008 11:31 PM CST
One of those great changes that makes the game more playable. Thanks.

-Sephos
re: trigger happy troubles 12/12/2008 05:43 AM CST
> One of those great changes that makes the game more playable.

This. Also, will the change apply to invasion critters?

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
re: trigger happy troubles 12/12/2008 06:55 AM CST
>>This. Also, will the change apply to invasion critters?

It should but let us know if any are acting up. There are going to be some creatures like the black goblins where this didn't cover all the bases and we'll have to hit those individually.

GM Oolan Jeel

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs." Robert Firth
re: trigger happy troubles 12/12/2008 07:21 AM CST
Awesome change! I remember once what seems like eons ago, Lorz got one-shotted by a scout ogre while running through a room where a GM was doing a consult. Ahhh, memories. That was kind of awkward.

Skills Needed for Kaith Partani
Need 293 (500) Empathy.
Have at least 200 in #1 Armor (Light Chain).
Have at least 240 Evasion.
Have at least 160 Shield Usage.
re: trigger happy troubles 01/02/2009 10:04 AM CST
This change (and the critter gen change) is full of win. I salute you!

XXXXX: Wait... you wear heavy plate, use a shield, and don't steal? Why not just roll a Paladin?
Me: Because I don't think my sudden urges to flip out and kill stuff fit the Paladin mentality very well.