Re: Skinnable creatures 03/29/2016 08:01 PM CDT
<<If there are any others that used to be skinnable but aren't right now, please let us know.

I'm not sure if any on this list used to be skinnable, but none of them have any sort of loot currently according to the wiki. I.e. no skins, gems, boxes, or coins. Some spawn with other creatures that have loot, but the ones with stars just spawn by themselves and so are completely lacking in any income source. It's possible that the Xala'shar simply haven't been documented yet since only a few people would be advanced enough to fight them.

*Fell hog
Ring-necked Gidii
*Selkie
Spiny Dyrachis
*Tortured Soul (1)
*Tortured Soul (2)
Wind Hound
Xala'shar archer
Xala'shar overseer
Xala'shar shredder
Xala'shar vanquisher
Re: Skinnable creatures 03/31/2016 09:55 PM CDT
The dyrachis used to be skinable for quills. The wind hounds never were skinable, but should be.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Skinnable creatures 03/31/2016 10:01 PM CDT
>Much larger than normal canines, the wind hound stands as tall as a mature Halfling at the shoulder. Its body is an odd composition of howling winds the color of murky icewater, packed tightly into the vague form of a wolf hound with glowing red eyes. While its body may be nothing but violent air currents, its teeth and claws are real enough, and look willing and ready to rend anything that steps in its path!

I kind of disagree on wind hounds, unless you're skinning claws/teeth from them.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Skinnable creatures 03/31/2016 10:09 PM CDT
>>I kind of disagree on wind hounds, unless you're skinning claws/teeth from them.

This ^^ Can you imagine making a trophy necklace from those claws and teeth?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Skinnable creatures 03/31/2016 11:08 PM CDT
Wind hounds somehow have the maggoty internal organs of cursed creatures so there must be something to skin!

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Skinnable creatures 04/02/2016 07:16 PM CDT
Ring-necked gidii used to carry gems, coins, boxes, and the occasional item.

I have to say, kudos to whoever the probably-long-gone GM was that wrote the scripts for the ring-necked giddi. They are a comical critter that afforded Meigs enough pleasure from watching them that he used to just sit in the area in hiding and watch them without hunting just to see what they were going to do next. This led to a song and one verse was:

Now should you find the gidii bird and over it prevail;
You'll find that you will wonder why these birds you did assail;
Their boxes do not carry much;
A coin, a knife, a gem, or such;
Your purse you will not have to clutch;
But if you scoff, then I must say, you need not seek my trail

Doggerel, admittedly, and, also admittedly, that was a long time ago (mid-to-late 90's maybe?), so things may have changed and that change may have been intentional, but at one point gidiis did carry loot and that loot was of low enough value in comparison to other creatures at the same level that a young bard felt the need to comment on it in a song.

The minder of Meigs
Re: Skinnable creatures 04/12/2016 01:45 AM CDT
Xala'shar vanquishers carry loot. At least gems, probably boxes too. I'll have to double check.

I'm not sure about the other 3 xala'shar things. I'll have to check those too.