Critter calculator 09/03/2004 01:29 AM CDT
If this has been posted, I'm sorry to repeat it. But I am wondering if anyone out there has a 'critter calculator' some thing where you could enter your combat skills (and whatever is necessary) and it would show you what critters you could fight? Would also be nice if it would figure in the multi/swarming aspects too.

Ruatha

The plaintive voice of one of the last survivors says, "They told me this was a good way to meet girlssssss..........."

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 07:37 AM CDT
I don't think that anyone's created a 'critter calculator', but I do know Soim went through some time back appraising critters and he made a huge table of their stats. And Amagaim is at present trying to compile a list of critters and what they teach to, along with other side notes.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 09:24 AM CDT
Plug your stats into a table in this forum. Ryeka the critter calculator will be with you shortly afterwards to tell you what is good to hunt ;-)

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 09:34 AM CDT
>>Plug your stats into a table in this forum. Ryeka the critter calculator will be with you shortly afterwards to tell you what is good to hunt ;-)

::Ryeka can't decide whether to roll around laughing or to blush!::

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 02:19 PM CDT
>>>::Ryeka can't decide whether to roll around laughing or to blush!::

Try both, o Mistress of Knowledge?

[flees}

Amagaim; the player of,

Those destined to die greet you
Take your sword
And dance, dance, dance, dance!
Dance the dance of death!
--- Das Ich, Kain und Abel (translation)
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 02:30 PM CDT
::Ryeka rolls and laughs, blushes, then draws forth her her mighty feather-o-doom and chases down Amagaim and proceeds to tickle him to death!::

Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 02:57 PM CDT
<<but I do know Soim went through some time back appraising critters and he made a huge table of their stats. And Amagaim is at present trying to compile a list of critters and what they teach to, along with other side notes.
Ryeka

yes and he is just not starting to get into critter levels were my looking into it started. I was about to high when I wanted to chart them and things like rock guardians or so were on the like wipe floor with range.

lots and lots of players fight in the ranges he is cataloging and most of them don't have the long term older player general knowledge anyway.

Then again I could be completely wrong. I'm just a player, this post is just my opinion and this is my disclaimer. I'm clueless and really don't know what the hell I'm typing.
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 03:54 PM CDT
>::Ryeka rolls and laughs, blushes, then draws forth her her mighty feather-o-doom and chases down Amagaim and proceeds to tickle him to death!::

No hurting my favorite Prydaen, Ryeka.

And is where is the fabled critter calc anyway?

Bambina
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 10:20 PM CDT
>dodge
>You move in position to dodge.
>[Roundtime: 3 seconds.]

>*Amagaim was just struck down.
>With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Ryeka sweeps a long blue-green peacock feather at you. You fail to dodge, blundering into the blow. The feather lands an obliterating hit (Did the greater Fist erupt again?) to your abdomen, tickling you until your diaphram bursts.

Too late, Bambina. ;)

Amagaim; the player of,

Take your sword
Re: Critter calculator 09/03/2004 10:34 PM CDT
>>>lots and lots of players fight in the ranges he is cataloging and most of them don't have the long term older player general knowledge anyway.

Well, this whole thing started off with someone wanting a list of the first 40 or 50 ranks worth of critters to fight up there in the 0-50 folder. And it made sense to just keep on pushing beyond that, or at least it did to me. I'm just glad that I've recieved so much positive feedback about this list, as it helps me keep on going. And I don't want to stop here, either, but go until I've exhausted every single source of information I can find (And with Ryeka involved, that could be a long time to come!)

I'm getting to the point where I'm accepting data on critters that flat-out aren't on the list yet. Anything but invasion critters, as they aren't necessarily a regular feature for the average hunter on the street. This way, it'll be more of a need to fill in the holes than slowly going up the ranks. Probably a bad idea, but I'm open to it.

Amagaim; the player of,

Take your sword
Re: Critter calculator 09/04/2004 05:38 PM CDT
<And is where is the fabled critter calc anyway?>

I was just wondering if someone had one or could/would make one.

Ruatha

The plaintive voice of one of the last survivors says, "They told me this was a good way to meet girlssssss..........."

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Critter calculator 09/04/2004 06:19 PM CDT
Soim you are aware as well as anyone else that you can lower your stances and the creatures will appraise harder right? By doing so you can gauge precisely where their offense/defenses are at, that's the beauty of it. The higher you skill the more critters you will be able to provide data for. However, it's just the stats that are different and you Soim already created a chart for that.

War Hawk Catullus
Re: Critter calculator 09/04/2004 07:43 PM CDT
yes to a degree. you can lower some but not truly everything that comes into play. one example is armor and armor hinderance. I can have like 300 armor in leather and LC yet get a differnt level of app dependent on what one I am wearing.

I can lower stances up to one point at a time but one point may mean 4 to 6 ranks at times. Also one can't lower terain bonus.

It helps but is not the be all end all. And App seems to be in some cases on a 25-50 rank skill tier for differnet app ranges. It just has some shortcommings to it. it can be a good rough guide to assist but is not the be all end all. Worst of all it can't gauge critter special attacks or special moves.

Then again I could be completely wrong. I'm just a player, this post is just my opinion and this is my disclaimer. I'm clueless and really don't know what the hell I'm typing.
Re: Critter calculator 09/04/2004 07:58 PM CDT
Got a point there, but it's a starting point. Although, would still be best to have adventurers of varying skill levels assess their opponents for better feedback.

War Hawk Catullus
Re: Critter calculator 09/12/2004 01:40 PM CDT
Keep in mind the bestiary on website should be up to date and displaying creature levels for all island creatures.

Player of Tessaa
Re: Critter calculator 10/11/2004 01:49 PM CDT
>>Keep in mind the bestiary on website should be up to date

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the bestiary on the website???? Up to date???

Tessaa made a funny....
Re: Critter calculator 10/11/2004 02:34 PM CDT
>>>>Keep in mind the bestiary on website should be up to date

>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the bestiary on the website???? Up to date???

Maybe you should consider making a complete quote? Tessaa explicitly stated that a certain portion of the bestiary was up to date, which that specific portion is, as the GM who owns the area covered was the one who updated the bestiary recently, and posted about it, and did some corrections as players posted where it appeared to be incorrect.

Partial quotes are wonderful, as they can be used to prove anything, even that you could be a murderer. (heavy sarcasm as to the wonderful statement, here, in case you didn't get it.)

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info/index.html
Mac OS X FE: http://www.play.net/software/warlock-info.asp
Amagaim's What to Hunt list: http://kynevon.info/What2Hunt.xls
Re: Critter calculator 10/12/2004 08:46 PM CDT
>>you could be a murderer.

who you callin a murderer?

think Can you hear me now?
think good!

Ravanos "I hate water" Covet Battlepriest of Everild
Re: Critter calculator 10/12/2004 10:09 PM CDT
>>you could be a murderer.

>who you callin a murderer?

It wasn't murder... I just took back what I gave.

Ebil Cleric Bambina, smiter of ungrateful corpses.