Updated list 04/23/2004 12:28 AM CDT
I'm lookin for an Updated list of Critters to hunt on the mainland, I was also wondering what the different forms of Vykathi take to fight, I've asked this everywhere and never get any answers...

Roughneck Deagar
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 12:21 PM CDT
Vykathi, in order of increasing difficulty....

Vykathi Excavator (digs new tunnels)
Vykathi Builder (seals up tunnels)
Vykathi Harvesters
Vykathi Soldiers
Vykathi Reapers (grab ye weapons and break 'em or use 'em on ye)

ALL are slice resistant, almost useless to use a light weighted slicer on 'em, I recommend a shield and a blunt or some type of impact weapon, Arrows and bolts work okay ifn i remember right. the tunnels shift constantly cus of the excavator/builder activity. In general, the deeper you go the more difficult types turn up more. I rarely see a reaper on the top level but i have before, usually i have to hit the third level down 'fore i find them aplenty. By the way, great Elemental mana in the Hive.

Rehlyn

The strongbox just bounced out of the room near a low tunnel!
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 02:14 PM CDT
This is one area I've always avoided, since I lean heavily on slice weapons. What sort of skill we talking about.

And thanks for the list.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

Heiu says, "By the end of the year I expect to see an explosion"
Heiu says, "Hold me to that if you want.... at Christmas"
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 02:19 PM CDT
I'm not sure if this's a secret, but aren't these guys the one that drop the thingies that play with mana?

And I'd also like to know how mean they are.

Why the blazes do I smell like sulphur?
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 04:15 PM CDT
They range from gargs on up to um- about red leucros. At least, they did when I hunted them.

One thing: You want to leave the excavators alone but make sure you kill the builders. Otherwise it is very possible for you to get sealed in a room with no way out. And besides, the excavators don't attack.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 04:36 PM CDT
>>ALL are slice resistant

Never noticed that any of the times I fought them, but most my slicers also have a bit of impact, and have a bit of strength to put behind it. If they are resistant, they are not as resistant as kartais for slicers.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 05:09 PM CDT
I have always wondered...where is this hive?
Re: Updated list 04/23/2004 05:26 PM CDT
Hive is Hidden, ya need a Triskle<sp?> Medallion and ya need to touch some sort of orb if memory serves me, I will Not divulge any more than that.

Roughneck Deagar
Re: Updated list 04/24/2004 07:32 AM CDT
The hive is off of Shard gargs. There is a poem you need to recite to get in too. At one time the poem was considerred an in-game puzzle, but as there is no longer an in-game way of learning the poem (other than asking a player who knows it) I'll post it here if you can't find someone to tell you.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Updated list 04/24/2004 04:28 PM CDT
What's it take to hunt these things? Just for future reference. I don't think I want to go down to that region right now, what with the Outcasts headed that way and such. And I am learning very well in hatchlings on Ratha right now. But, it would give me something to hunt if I get bored on Ratha. My skills are- HE/2HE:128, Parry:131, Leather: 122, Evasion:120, Multi:125. Barb if you can't tell. :)

Thanks
Re: Updated list 05/05/2004 06:07 PM CDT
Can someone email me with how to get in there? I've been dying to try something new lately and these seem interesting. Also, I've only got 60ish in MB, yet I've got ~150 in LE/ME, also only have ~70 in SB. So, any help would be much appreciated.

The Merc.
Re: Updated list 10/19/2005 11:54 AM CDT
I would be interested in knowing this information as well.