Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 12:30 AM CST
I've decided to try to start a comprehensive critter guide for the 0-100 rank crowd, given the constant set of what to hunt questions, and the general incompleteness or vagueness of the answers. There are some aspects that will be hard to pin down (weapon skills and defensive skills), but others are quite clear.

As I come up with something, complete and presentable, I'll be looking for someone to host the info.

For starters, I'm using appraisal to try to get exact stats on as many low-mid level critters as possible. I'm doing all of my apps with 30 in each stat, and then will increase the stats to 31 and do them all over again, and so on.

I've almost completed Riverhaven, and the table is posted below. I'd be pleased to get information, suggestions and or comments on what I've done so far.

My thanks to Ranik, Sablina, et. al. for the great maps.

Riverhaven and Environs
Critter Appraisals (January 2004)
All Appraisals are with 30 each in Agility, Strength, Reflex

A/S/RDescription
0significantly less
1quite a bit less
2definitely less
3rather less
4somewhat less
5not quite as
6about as
7a little more

CritterPlaceMapAgilityReflexStrength
Giant Salt CrabSalt Yard30111
Ship's RatSalt Yard30000
Corpse GrubDunshade Manor30b111
Dark FiendDunshade Manor30b222
Pale Grey Death SpiritDunshade Manor30b666
Tortured SoulDunshade Manor30b111
[adjective] Wildland GoblinWildlands31111
[color] BoobrieZaulfung31111
Spiny DyrachisZaulfung31356
Wild BoarNortheast Wilds31111
Lesser Shadow HoundZaulfung31a766
Lesser SluaghTrackless Swamp31b333
Swamp TrollTrackless Swamp31b444
Giant Thicket ViperPejek Bog31c454
Heggarangi FrogPejek Bog31c000
Piruati SerpentPejek Bog31c433
ArbelogWest Wilds32222
Black BearWest Wilds32112
Goblin ShamanWest Wilds32111
Grass EelWest Wilds32220
Meadow RamWest Wilds32111
Scarlet CrayfishWest Wilds32111
Young OgreWest Wilds32335
Dusk OgreWest Wilds32/32a222
Giant Wolf SpiderWest Wilds32a333
Great [color] BoobrieZaulfung31xxx
Greater SluaghZaulfung31axxx
Nightstalker UnynPejek Bog31cxxx
Rhoat ModaPejek Bog31cxxx
Scout OgreWest Wilds32xxx

Unyns and Modas are Premium only.
Great Boobries, Greater Sluaghs and Scout Ogres, I did not encounter.

Talliman
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 12:34 AM CST
Is there anything near Riverhaven, North of the Faldesu, (not counting the road to Theren) that I've missed?

Talliman
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 12:45 AM CST
>>For starters, I'm using appraisal to try to get exact stats on as many low-mid level critters as possible. I'm doing all of my apps with 30 in each stat, and then will increase the stats to 31 and do them all over again, and so on.

Great idea, but I think 30 is way too high a set of stats to really get an accurate idea of how these lower circle creatures stack up.

Or, to put it another way, you have both wildland goblins (stop teaching around 40 ranks or so) and meadow rams (the ones near Crossing in the Premium area are teaching me TM fairly well with over 60 ranks) with the same general stats.

So, I suspect, if you could, start out with about 15s for the 0-50 (or more) areas, since that will give a better reading on those creatures that are so far down the ladder; and 15 is probably closer to what the hunters at that circle would have.

Just my 2 lirum.

~Kyn

Weapons http://members.cox.net/trader-indigoe/weapon.html
Armor http://www.heromachine.com/drealms/
Mac OS X FE http://home.attbi.com/~fury42/
Circle http://www.terkowitz.com/
Maps http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 05:26 AM CST
lets see,

you missed Shaggy Barghest (daytime) about the same as a leucro, Hulking Barghest (night) about the toughest thing in Haven area, both are in Cecline's Meadow (sp?) north of the west gate of Haven. Greather Shadow Hounds (zalfung) prolly a 60-70th critter are in with Greater Slaughs. Nightweavers and Nightreavers Unyns (Mistwood Forest) are both up the cliff towards Rossmans. Also Rhoat Modas (daytime) and Nightstalkers (night) are not just premie, although the bulk of the area is premie only.

Rehlyn
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 07:33 AM CST
>> Barghest
>> Nightreaver Unyns

I'll check them out.

>> Greater Shadow Hounds

Any idea when the greater vs. lesser come out? I didn't see great boobries, great sluaghs or great hounds.

>> Nightweavers

Not on Ranik's maps?

>> Rhoat Modas and Nightstalker Unyns: not just premie

Everything past the gate is premium, right? Does that mean they also spawn in the 3 rooms between the stream bank and the gate?
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 02:47 PM CST
<<Any idea when the greater vs. lesser come out? I didn't see great boobries, great sluaghs or great hounds.>>

Actually the boobries are all about the same. If you want to check them out and the greater shadow hounds, sluaghs ect I will take you in there some time. There is basically 3 types of lesser sluaghs. the simplist ones are in the quill slinger area. Unarmed and fight melee. then the ones with the swamp trolls, then the ones with the lesser shadow hounds. The ones with the lesser hounds use large rocks and are a good bit more acurate with them than the ones with the swampies. they also teach a bit higher.

Cadderrly
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 02:53 PM CST
>>Not on Ranik's maps?

Are now. Basically same area as Nightreavers. One letter difference threw me off first time I was there.

-Ranik
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/26/2004 04:54 PM CST
>> Actually the boobries are all about the same. If you want to check them out and the greater shadow hounds, sluaghs ect I will take you in there some time. There is basically 3 types of lesser sluaghs. the simplist ones are in the quill slinger area. Unarmed and fight melee. then the ones with the swamp trolls, then the ones with the lesser shadow hounds. The ones with the lesser hounds use large rocks and are a good bit more acurate with them than the ones with the swampies. they also teach a bit higher.

Thanks for the offer. I've got to decide if I'm brave enough to send Csip in for the tour. He's only circle 24 and doesn't have RF. I'm using my TF moonie to do the research, so I'll check over there first to see if someone can help out.

Talliman/Csip
Re: Agility, Reflex, Strength Appraisals 01/27/2004 12:04 AM CST
>> Great idea, but I think 30 is way too high a set of stats to really get an accurate idea of how these lower circle creatures stack up. Or, to put it another way, you have both wildland goblins (stop teaching around 40 ranks or so) and meadow rams (the ones near Crossing in the Premium area are teaching me TM fairly well with over 60 ranks) with the same general stats.

My plan was to use my empath, starting at 10 points of each. And for all of the low-level critters, I will probably do that. But as long as my apps don't start falling into the "great deal less" range, I should still have the ability to discern 1-4 point stat differences, as I increase my stats from 30 to 34.

Talliman