High critter guide? 07/26/2002 01:48 PM CDT
Does anyone know of one?

I tried the earlier suggestions in this section,with no luck, they fizzle out at higher levels and/or are totally out of date.
Also have read the creature levels 50 and on up here on the boards, they are skimpy to put it mildly.

If there is no such guide, here is what I'm trying to train, and what I have tried so far.

Looking to train target in the 600-700 range.

I've eliminated Malchata hate that wind

Dancers-almost 0 target exp.

Seordmaor-a little better target exp but way to much work for the exp.

Searching the mainland first account I get seasick. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: High critter guide? 07/26/2002 04:51 PM CDT
Have you tried flex zombies,or S'lai Screamers on the mailain?
Celepeze on Ratha?Polohiz on Hara'jaal?Warklin in crossing?

Drachus
Re: High critter guide? 07/27/2002 03:49 AM CDT
what kinda target? MM,WM or Cleric?

zombies are undead, so WM targetted spells won't work on em.

your spells should work on celepeze tho, they on mer'kesh, not ratha.

could try 'em on s'lai screamers too.
Re: High critter guide? 07/27/2002 04:06 AM CDT
>or S'lai Screamers on the mailain? Celepeze on Ratha

My bad,i should really read over a post before i post=P

Thats slai screamers on the mainland,they are where slai scouts used to be like 4 years ago,and the celepeze are on merkresh.They appraise as the same level in the critter guide,but im betting the celepeze probably teach better.

Drachus
Re: High critter guide? 07/27/2002 10:49 AM CDT
Zombies and skeletons ARE effected by WM targetted spells. Why? Because the are coporeal not non-coporeal.

Aethonvan
Re: High critter guide? 07/27/2002 03:59 PM CDT
Thanks, they all sound like good ideas and are much appreciated.
Re: High critter guide? 08/04/2002 06:19 AM CDT
Greetings.

>Does anyone know of one?

You will find at the bottom of this post a re-post of Damissak's post about high level critters. It was posted on the old boards within a discussion on Barbarian Dances.

I hope this will be of some help to you.

Fafrahd the slinger

Category The Barbarians (14)
Topic Barbarian Ability - The Dances (8)
By DR-DAMISSAK from PLAY.NET
On May 14, 2002 at 13:35
Message Re: When do dances become a necessity? (179)

Life beyond Nightstalkers (55th), Dolomars (53rd), Caracals (48th), Adan'f (50th), Elsrael (50th), Zombie Nomads (50th)....

The options beyond Nightstalkers and Caracals is more limited than life before. However, I feel there are still options (and hopefully those options are becoming more and more viable).

I'll include the creeature levels in the discussion so you can get an idea of where they stand in relation to one another.

The Sleek Hele'la (58th) will take you up a few steps. You'll want to be able to swim, though.

The area beyond the Temple in the Gate of Souls (creatures ranging from 58th to 61st) is certainly one area that is supposed to fill a void. Is it a tough hunt there? Yep. Tough to get help? Yeah. Some good experience and money and right next door to Crossings? Yeaps.

The Germish'din (61st) have become a much, much more viable hunting area of late. GM Rigby has done some good work in updating their attack.

The Kra'Hei (60th) on Ratha are a very tough hunt for their level. Hopefully the Magic rewrite will bring them some viability.

There will be two more creatures / hunting areas (new to Elanthia) released in the 58th to 62nd creature level range before the month is out (or soon after). You'll need decent climbing to get into either (PAFO <g>).

The Wir Dinego (62nd) are certainly an option. As they throw bones at you, shield ranks are a plus. I know the moonies use (or used) this area quite extensively for TM training.

The Armored Warklins and Warklin Maulers (both 65th) have been transitioning (as I've tried to work out the web attack). According to the latest reports, they are huntable again. They are also found very close to Crossings (and on Pokepe <g>). A pain to get drug out but probably not too bad getting someone to come in.

The Lun'shele Hunters (62nd) and Trekhalo (66th) seem to be a great hunt in their range. It may be a bit of a step straight from Caracals, but there are quite a few options to fills that void.

The Dragon Priests (65th) in Shard should become much more viable post the Magic rewrite.

The Seordmaors (68th) will also benefit from the Magic rewrite. They aren't the best creature for training weapons (due to fairly low stamina), but they certainly fill a niche.

The Snaer Hafwa (70th) aren't the best hunt but they are viable for a bit to get some ranks.

The Asaren Celpeze (75th) are a sweet hunt for a Barbarian (in terms of experience gain). They do swarm. And they are not an easy fight. And yes, they area is desolate if you find yourself needing help.

The Adan'f Spirit Dancers (75th) require a shield to hunt them for the most part (due to the acid clouds). Also in that area are some higher level Mages and Warriors (60th).

I think we are actually in good shape (strong) up to this point as far as hunting options (and I've likely forgotten one or two). Yes, some of those listed need some work (and I feel its on the way for several of them). It is beyond this range where things start to get slim (the listed range teaching up to 550ish ranks). That means we are pretty solid right up to 100th circle (560 ranks). Every province is covered (and some multiple times).

Beyond that point, the pickings are currently slim..

We have Poloh'izh (85th), Malchata (95th), and Zombies (flex - I want to see the Zombies go / change). The Poloh'izh and Malachata are both very tough hunts. I think you can expect to see that continue for creature teaching in that rank range (560+). You aren't likely to find 100th level Peccaries / Caracals on my watch.

Development will continue in that range as more people approach it. I've promised Veldehar (or whoever is the highest at any given time) that he would always have something to hunt that will teach him. There will never be a ton of options in that top-most slot, though. Usage simply does not warrant it. If you look where we were a year ago for creatures in the 60+ range and where we are today, I think you can see the great strides we have made as more characters have reached those levels. Do I wish we could stay two steps ahead? Yes. Can we? No. Those at the top-most levels simply push up too fast (try as we might).

Just some idle thoughts from this side,
GM Damissak
Re: High critter guide? 08/04/2002 12:35 PM CDT
::gawks at self:: I killed a mage in the spirit dancer cave to get Pilf's stiletto back some time ago. I may have been circle 45 or a shade higher at the time. Talk about luck!

Ryeka