Bone Wyvern 01/23/2019 05:23 PM CST
So anybody ever actually killed one of these? We hit it with everything but the kitchen sink - capped edged, blunt, multiple flavors of capped / boosted / full target TM damage (including water / ice).... it all HITS, but does no damage. Not even a scratch. We didn't try any holy stuff (besides blessed weapon) - but as far as I can tell they are un-killable.

Are they supposed to be un-killable? I mean - they still TEACH really well, even if we couldn't make a dent...

- Rhoat
Re: Bone Wyvern 01/23/2019 06:25 PM CST
They're killable with Harm Evil / Harm Horde. I can't recall from the little testing I did whether they were affected by other sources of Holy damage or not (I want to say not simply because they have a MASSIVE amount of armor to try and break through).
Re: Bone Wyvern 01/23/2019 06:39 PM CST
I can't say from experience, but did you try the tactical combo that reduces the target's armor? That seems like it would be a thing that may help.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Bone Wyvern 01/23/2019 07:18 PM CST
Yes - successfully landed the tactical combo several times - land hits no problem just no damage.

- Rhoat
Re: Bone Wyvern 02/02/2019 08:00 PM CST
I've killed them with elemental magic.

Mazrian
Re: Bone Wyvern 05/13/2019 08:56 PM CDT

Does any holy magic spell cause damage to Bone Wyverns? Or is it only Harm Horde and Harm Evil? I'm thinking Fists of Faenella or Rebuke or Footman's Strike, etc..
Re: Bone Wyvern 05/13/2019 09:58 PM CDT

If I recall correctly, bone wyverns are fairly difficult to damage outside of spells that bypass armor (like Harm Evil and Harm Horde).