Xala'shar Overseers/Archers/Shredders 10/24/2018 01:34 PM CDT
Does anyone have any info on resisting their special attacks?

The overseer and archer attacks seem to get me constantly:

A hulking Xala'shar overseer slams its foot into the ground as it begins to vent a thick cloud of smoke, surrounding its heavily armored frame in a choking mass of black.
Moments later, the Xala'shar overseer emits a metallic roar as the black smoke suddenly coalesces into the ghostly silhouette of a humanoid figure, which speeds towards you!
Moving a moment to late, the smoky silhouette lunges forward and winds its formless body around you with the ease of a serpent entangling its helpless prey. As you remain paralyzed by some unseen force an airy voice whispers in your ear, "Formed from sorrow and agony, I have been forged in the black fires of death! Witness my pain, and know the horrors of life!"
The world appears to slow down around you before being engulfed by a shifting sea of shadow and smoke. Without warning, events long buried in the corners of your mind lurch forward to reveal their hidden truths before your very eyes. Familiar and obscure faces and events of your past surge forward like a massive wave breaking through a weakened dam, drowning you within a churning torrent of raw emotion.
Slowly, the haze lifts from your body with a chilly hiss, leaving you a shuddering mass strewn upon the ground.
[You're winded, weak, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

A hulking Xala'shar archer draws a hand through its tangled mane of hair and softly says, "Let us even the odds, shall we?"
With cunning movements, several of the blue-veined tentacles lash violently outward at you with a quivering hiss of delight!
Moving a moment to late, you are unable to avoid the barrage of wildly flailing tentacles. Their diamond-shaped heads slam viciously into your hands, arms, and torso with frenzied blows.
[You're winded, weak, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]

A hulking Xala'shar archer draws a hand through its tangled mane of hair and softly says, "Let us even the odds, shall we?"
With cunning movements, several of the blue-veined tentacles lash violently outward at you with a quivering hiss of delight!
Moving a moment to late, you are unable to avoid the barrage of wildly flailing tentacles. Their diamond-shaped heads slam viciously into your hands, arms, and torso with frenzied blows.
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]

I really want to hunt here, but it is much less practical because of these attacks. I assume the overseer attack is a spirit attack since it causes spirit damage. I have 105 charisma, 117 wisdom and 110 intelligence and they still nail me. Is anyone avoiding this attack? If so, what are your stats? The archer attack seems like a finesse attack? I'm getting hit on that one with 120 (+24) agility, 105 reflex, 110 intelligence.

I'm kind of surprised that they're getting me so consistently with the special attacks because my stats are somewhat inflated for this area since I train all combat skills and I'm 200th circle. A normally-trained character would never be able to resist this stuff.

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Are skills involved in their special attacks? Thanks.
Re: Xala'shar Overseers/Archers/Shredders 10/24/2018 09:57 PM CDT
The messaging for both seems to indicate you failed a reflex save. "Moving a moment to(sic) late."

Seems a little ridiculous that you (Coppertop?) can't avoid those.
Re: Xala'shar Overseers/Archers/Shredders 10/25/2018 12:08 AM CDT
I guess I just want to know what stat to boost. I can test reflex, good idea.