Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 10/29/2017 09:23 AM CDT

Can the special move that the vanquishers have be removed? The one that gives you 2 internal eye bleeders and makes you blind.

Whoever thought to add that to a hunting critter made a huge mistake and basically made this area unhuntable because of it.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 10/30/2017 09:04 AM CDT
Special attacks have always been an issue. I don't understand why they don't get any attention from staff. There are more than a few critters that are borderline unhuntable because of special attacks that don't seem to conform to core mechanics.

~Hunter Hanryu
"Beseech Tree to Cross, which turns any nearby tree into a handy-dandy cross for the Ranger to carry around in any thread for maximum dramatic effect."~TEVESHSZAT
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 10/30/2017 09:37 AM CDT
Agreed. ^

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 10/30/2017 09:40 AM CDT
>>Special attacks have always been an issue. I don't understand why they don't get any attention from staff. There are more than a few critters that are borderline unhuntable because of special attacks that don't seem to conform to core mechanics.

On behalf of the myriad number of Dragon Priest Assassins that I've watched advance on me from missile range to melee, only slightly less stealthily than an elephant donning neon pink lingerie while trying to ride an unicycle through a cat flap, yet still somehow manage to hamstring me, I cry shenanigans.

All kidding aside, special attacks are certainly a bit unbalanced at the higher end and could use a look over.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 10/30/2017 09:01 PM CDT
>>On behalf of the myriad number of Dragon Priest Assassins that I've watched advance on me from missile range to melee, only slightly less stealthily than an elephant donning neon pink lingerie while trying to ride an unicycle through a cat flap, yet still somehow manage to hamstring me, I cry shenanigans.

And it's been 'fixed' once post DR3. Crazy right?

I have to agree with the prior posters, some special attacks are downright insane or are legacy of bygone eras. Things like Germish Din's bone throw tanking balance on shield blocks vs nothing on dodges annoy.

Samsaren
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 11/30/2017 05:00 PM CST

Yes please, all of the tier 2-4 xala'shar special abilities should be re-evaluated/re-tuned these areas are wasted as it stands and completely un-used.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/22/2021 03:50 PM CST
I was going to post about this but saw it was suggested a while back, so I'll just bump it.

It's so disappointing when you find a creature in the perfect skill range and box status, only to discover they're not huntable most of the time.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/23/2021 07:19 AM CST
This attack and a few more like it (I'm looking at you DP sentinels) are so broken, they just need to be turned off. I got tagged by both attacks in the past few days simply as I was traveling through the areas. This is with mid 1450 shield and almost 1600 evasion and I'm still losing eyeballs and taking fire arrow hits.

Please, please, turn off special attacks until the staff has a chance to properly address them.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/26/2021 07:47 PM CST
January 20th:
[7:23 PM] Zadraes: Time keeps getting away from me. -_- I think I'm going to tackle Xala'shar special attack(s) for next week...putting them on the special attack utility instead of broken custom stuff.

January 22nd: You guys revive this thread.

Get out of my head.

Also, go play with vanquishers and vindicators.

Zadraes
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/26/2021 08:22 PM CST
Speaking of Xala'shar: it's really weird, lore-wise, that the Xala'shar magus cast Malediction.

- I
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/26/2021 08:35 PM CST
>January 22nd: You guys revive this thread.

>Get out of my head.

I was just thinking the same thing, having just complained about this! Anyway I'm enjoying the updates so many thanks.
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/26/2021 11:55 PM CST
Thanks! Long overdue, but much-appreciated!
Re: Xala'shar vanquisher special move needs to be removed 01/27/2021 10:06 AM CST
>>Speaking of Xala'shar: it's really weird, lore-wise, that the Xala'shar magus cast Malediction.

Becomes a lot more interesting lore wise if you view it as further proof that Holy energy isn't explicitly connected to Immortals themselves, and might just be a more generalized "greater beings."

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.