Horrifying and yet hilarious 07/11/2016 08:23 PM CDT

It's almost like someone had a bet they could get this past quality control.

I find this haunting and yet hilarious all at the same time. So kudos person or persons who crafted this particular function into these critters. For a time I expected an aliens type moment or something to happen later on.

Though you struggle to escape, the moth easily ensnares you, drawing you close in perverse mockery of affection. A shadowy, hand-like appendage grasps your head almost tenderly and you feel the moth's slick proboscis plunge past your lips in a vicious kiss.
You shove down your terror, wrenching yourself from the creature's grasp with an inarticulate cry.

Considering the critters description reads as follows.

The creature's bulbous compound eyes are utterly matte and unreflective, each crowned by an antenna which bears an uncanny resemblance to the soft, questing arm of an infant Human, complete with tiny growths resembling inquisitive, chubby fingers

Nightmare fuel to reduce most to gibbering idiots. Well done!
Re: Horrifying and yet hilarious 08/06/2016 10:45 PM CDT
A bit late here, but these creatures owe a lot to the Slake Moths of China Mieville's Peridido Street Station, which I was reading at the time these events and creatures were being crafted.

If you enjoy nightmare fuel, it's a fantastic read.

I'm glad someone enjoys them. :]

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Horrifying and yet hilarious 08/08/2016 08:19 PM CDT

>A bit late here, but these creatures owe a lot to the Slake Moths of China Mieville's Peridido Street Station, which I was reading at the time these events and creatures were being crafted.

I just started this book last week. I loved Embassytown, and think someone should make a critters like the Areikei or whatever the hell it was that lived in the Immer.
Re: Horrifying and yet hilarious 08/17/2016 11:10 PM CDT
A bit late, but I LOVED those moths. The whole Dergati crew actually. Mammoth moles, mole people with enormous eyes, it was great.

I've never had as much fun as I did when I was blinded and had my tongue ripped out during those invasions. I still managed to crew a small band of adventurers via crystal ring. <3

- Navesi