Umbral Moth Hug 05/08/2014 12:44 AM CDT
This made me laugh. This is awesome; I never got caught by this before in Test.

A fuligin umbral moth is abruptly before you, as though disdaining the intervening space. Undulating tendrils of darkness strike at you as the creature seeks to enfold you in an inky embrace.

Though you struggle to escape, the moth easily ensnares you, drawing you close in perverse mockery of affection. A shadowy, hand-like appendage grasps your head almost tenderly and you feel the moth's slick proboscis plunge past your lips in a vicious kiss.
Terror blossoms within you, multiplying into vastness. The feeling grows and grows until there is nothing else. Just when you are certain your heart will burst in your chest your fear is simply...taken from you, leaving you feeling hollow and shaken.

The moth discards you as a child would an empty sweet wrapper, looking bigger and more malevolent.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/08/2014 02:21 AM CDT

I'm curious because I seem to resist everything they throw at me... what did that actually do to you?
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/08/2014 07:44 AM CDT
I don't know what it did. It didn't seem to wound or anything.

Except emotionally, of course.
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/08/2014 07:47 AM CDT
Do you have app logs? It seems to either buff, or recover something for the moth.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/09/2014 09:56 PM CDT
<<I'm curious because I seem to resist everything they throw at me... what did that actually do to you?>>

Figured this out today -- it heals the moth. Recall Moth seems to lock this down too:

Said to have been created by the goddess Dergati, these creatures are made from an amalgamation of mundane flesh and shadow stuff. The umbral moth is strongest at night or in overcast weather, flinching from the light of the sun.

The moths feed by grappling with their prey, this proximity usually inspiring terror in the potential victim. Whether this is merely due to the moth's awful visage or some insidious poison or exudation is not known. The strong of mind can resist this attack, depriving the creature of the fear it needs to repair itself and grow stronger. Whether or not the moth feeds successfully, its savage 'kiss' tends to leave its victims shaken.
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/10/2014 09:13 AM CDT
Is this a regular undead/cursed critter hit message? I've never seen it before and it made me laugh ("good thing it's dead already!").

< You punch your spiked knuckle at a fuligin umbral moth. A fuligin umbral moth attempts to evade.
The knuckle lands a good hit (2/22) that crushes the moth's groin (good thing it's dead already!).
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 05/10/2014 09:23 AM CDT
>The knuckle lands a good hit (2/22) that crushes the moth's groin (good thing it's dead already!)

lol, yeah that's an undead critter thing.
Re: Umbral Moth Hug 07/21/2014 10:57 PM CDT
A crushing knuckle to the groin would make me hope to be dead too.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html