Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 05/07/2014 04:57 PM CDT
Since 3.1 came out I moved hunting areas to Adult Wyverns near Shard. Is it intended for the swoop attack that picks you up and drops you to do such insane damage? I've been blocking/parrying/dodging about 95% of the attacks, but as soon as one lands it's an instant internal beyond measure bleeder. That seems a little excessive to me don't you think? I can't stay in there for longer than 10 minutes before I have to leave and get healed. Can this be looked at and adjusted please?

You are certain that the adult wyvern is healthy.
You are certain that the adult wyvern has an incredible spirit that is healthy.
You are certain that it is about as strong as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as agile as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as disciplined as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as conditioned as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a small diamond-hide shield sealed with protective wax and a battle monk's parry stick branded with interlocking holy symbols, you are certain that the adult wyvern is a less skilled opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the adult wyvern is a somewhat skilled opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train very well.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train very well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.

[Roundtime: 10 seconds]

An adult wyvern swoops at you suddenly, trying to pick you up in its razor-sharp talons!
You manage to easily dodge the adult wyvern's grab, the creature's claws catching your clothing a bit but letting go once it realizes it missed you.
[You're mighty, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]

An adult wyvern swoops at you suddenly, trying to pick you up in its razor-sharp talons!
You manage to easily dodge the adult wyvern's grab, the creature's claws catching your clothing a bit but letting go once it realizes it missed you.
[You're mighty, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
>
[You're mighty, nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>

[You're mighty, nimbly balanced and in good position.]
>
You manage to parry the claws so that they scratch against the ground instead.
[You're mighty, adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
R>
You manage to block the adult wyvern's talons with your shield, the attack going wide.
[You're winded, mighty, nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]

>

>
R>
You manage to block the adult wyvern's talons with your shield, the attack going wide.

>

>
R>

You are suddenly snatched up by the adult wyvern's razor-sharp talons, and it flies to a dizzying height! The creature's intent becomes clear as it simply lets you go. You suddenly find yourself in freefall, plummeting toward the earth.
[You're mighty, nimbly balanced with no advantage.]

Your body feels battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a severely swollen and shattered right leg which appears completely useless.

Bleeding
Area Rate

inside r. leg beyond measure
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 05/07/2014 06:44 PM CDT
Got wings?
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 05/07/2014 06:52 PM CDT
No, if it will stop the bleeder i'm interested in buying them. That attack is extreme.
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 05/07/2014 07:05 PM CDT
Do you need wings to do the athleticism check at all?

If so, I kinda wish that wasn't the case. I'd rather wings just give some kind of boost in effectiveness.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 05/07/2014 07:45 PM CDT
I seem to remember a GM posting that the wings are not mandatory to pass the athletic check, a cloak/cape/robe would also work, but wouldn't be "as stylish". No idea how many ranks are required to pass the check however.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, "The Fuzzy Kitten".
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 04/21/2017 11:03 AM CDT
A bit late to the party here, but I've got my necromancer hunting here now. I am wearing a cloak that gives the billowing message. With 1620 in athletics and over 100 in all stats, I get a moderate bleeder when I get dropped. Is this what passing the check means? I'm nearing the cap in athletics and this special attack still makes these guys extremely difficult to hunt.

What are the wings everyone is mentioning?
Re: Adult Wyvern Drop Attack 04/21/2017 12:34 PM CDT
>What are the wings everyone is mentioning?

Festival fluff wings like these:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Pair_of_large_silk_wings_printed_to_resemble_those_of_a_flying_hornet

IIRC if you're wearing fluff wings you (have a chance to?) glide down like you're a (female) Gelfling.