Vanquisher Special Attack Suggestion 06/11/2018 11:43 AM CDT
I've got an idea for an adjustment to the Xala'shar vanquisher special attack that I think might make it more playable for more people. Right now the Blind state is tied to the eye injuries caused by the attack in sort of a bizarre way that doesn't make much sense. What if that state were divorced from the injuries altogether, and instead linked to certain objects being lodged in the eyes (or any objects, for that matter...one of the nonsensical things about the current setup is that it's only eye injuries from certain sources that trigger the state)? The special attack could then inflict a normal amount of damage instead of the out-of-bounds amount it does now, and also lodge some number of, say, slivers in both eyes. Now you can have degrees of success in defending against it instead of all-or-nothing like it is now: greater partial success results in fewer slivers. The Blind state would then persist until at least one eye has zero slivers remaining in it. Slivers can be TENDed out like normal lodged weapons.

This seems like it would be a much more reasonable approach while still preserving the flavor of the attack. Plus First Aid might get a chance to actually matter, which is nice. While the current setup is merely a minor nuisance to me, I can see how it would be a big deal to someone who can't just heal the offending injuries and carry on.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor