Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/22/2015 01:30 PM CDT
Is there any chance the spawn rate for juvenile wyverns can be looked at? When I backtrain in young wyverns, the spawn rate is fantastic, but juvenile wyverns are incredibly hit or miss.

When I use the hunt command in the area, often times I will see a couple other players with four wyverns (or more in the case of empaths and moon mages) and I routinely have to hunt down single wyverns. Even if I am alone in the area, this is sometimes the case, which makes it incredibly difficult to lock my weapons and downright impossible to lock my evasion.

I guess I don't really understand why there is such a disparity between young and juvenile wyvern spawn rates and I think it would be a massive improvement if juvenile wyverns spawned in a similar fashion.
Re: Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/22/2015 03:50 PM CDT
I think the area layout is a large part of the problem. It's really long chain of rooms, and so they can spawn pretty far away from anyone in the area. I see them in HUNT and PERCIEVE HEALTH routinely multiple rooms away from any players.

It's really noticeable when I'm the only one in the area at night.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/22/2015 05:43 PM CDT
That's pretty likely, I would guess. I had a similar problem when I briefly hunted la'tami, since that's one long chain of rooms. (Also, don't hunt la'tami. Awful spawn, and climbs mean HUNT doesn't work well.)

Juveniles would, I imagine, be set to a similar spawn rule as young wyverns, but the effect is drastically different for the player, maybe cause of the area layout, yeah.
Re: Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/22/2015 09:01 PM CDT
I'm fairly sure it's because of the area layout also.
Re: Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/22/2015 10:43 PM CDT
> I think the area layout is a large part of the problem. It's really long chain of rooms, and so they can spawn pretty far away from anyone in the area.

So I guess the question is whether this area should be tweaked to be a little more intelligent about where creatures spawn or if there's really only one way to design an area that results in a decent spawn rate.

Whatever the cause, I just know that it makes for an incredibly frustrating experience, and if it's not just limited to this area, it could probably stand to be looked into.
Re: Juvenile Wyvern Spawn Rate 06/23/2015 08:18 AM CDT
I'll take a look into it and chat with the area's designer for potential solutions.

Thanks for the feedback as always, folks.

---
NaOH+HI