Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 01:47 PM CST
Silverfish are a little over this, Thugs/Footpads/Cutthroats are a little over this.

Could someone, when they have time, take a peek at the gen rate for Thugs/Footpads/Cutthroats here? It seems a little... anemic.

Thank you!
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 01:55 PM CST
It's certainly one of those areas that YOU hunt through. I would always have to kill kill kill, then move to the next room. And then theres silverfish... Ugh. Though it's pretty amusing if someone dies in there, the silverfish will absolutely destroy a corpse. Lol

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 05:12 PM CST
Yeah, it'd be great if the silverfish were lost or brought closer to level with the other critters.

It's a great hunting spot, but the silverfish are pointless and need to go.

GENT
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 05:13 PM CST
>It's a great hunting spot, but the silverfish are pointless and need to go.

Isn't that true of literally any/every mixed hunting spot though? Except maybe the swamps/pecs, and bandits/cats, since those are similar level.
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 05:37 PM CST
I never minded the odd silverfish. But when you are spawning more silverfish than anything else its an issue.

Also IRL silverfish are small enough to be crushed with a pinky finger, and primarily eat cellulose like newspapers and old books. I find it oddly amusing that there are giant flesh eating silverfish in the crossing warehouses and sewers.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 06:04 PM CST
>Also IRL silverfish are small enough to be crushed with a pinky finger, and primarily eat cellulose like newspapers and old books. I find it oddly amusing that there are giant flesh eating silverfish in the crossing warehouses and sewers.

I always just wrote it off as Crossings is a giant magical city full of magical and necromancer junk (avoided: crap). Mutating bugs to giant-size is like the smallest possible strange thing in DR.
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 06:13 PM CST
'Dillos.

QED.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 06:15 PM CST
Yeah, mixed hunting areas are usually not that great, but this one is particularly bad.

The problem here is two-fold: the silverfish are completely irrelevant (skillwise) and they spawn twice as fast as the thugs. You end up having 2-3 silverfish on you and only 1-2 thugs because of the uneven spawn. It'd just be better all around if the silverfish were gone or brought up to level.

GENT
Re: Silverfish/Thug area under Crossing - gen. rate 03/07/2016 11:47 PM CST
Or, use the silverfish to pad against having too many thugs, etc, on you if you are 'overhunting.'

-Dartellum Waddle

Vote for DR: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html