My problem is stealth 03/02/2016 11:16 PM CST

Can hide on Rocks trolls at melee but they find me after 4-5 seconds and dont teach.Even though they can find me seems sorta off.Bucca's a little bit ago I couldnt hide at melee but once I could and they would also find me after a couple seconds wont teach either.Anyone have some insight how to train stealth now.Hiding/shooting/ambushing /poaching all worked great till I got to this leavel now I can seem to learn a stitch.Yet with skinning at same rank and using arrange I can lock in a few critters .Its been so long since I played dr I cant remember what type of critters train stealth the best.

Stealth: 77 10% clear (0/34)
Reflex : 15
Agility : 15
Re: My problem is stealth 03/02/2016 11:20 PM CST
What kind of armor/shields are you wearing and what are your ranks in those skills?

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: My problem is stealth 03/02/2016 11:31 PM CST
Discipline is the important stat for stealth.

When you hide, do you stalk? Hide, stalk 1st critter, stalk 2nd critter, stalk 3rd critter, etc. works well if you have a swarmy creature. Try retreating to pole or missile if you're having trouble at melee or shove the creature and then hide, stalk.

At this level of skill you're probably coming up against armor stealth hinderance. If you remove your armor accessories (all non-torso armor) and/or shield you'll be able to more easily hide and remain hidden.

If you have light thrown skill I guess you could get fancy and try throwing dirt.

There's not a stealth hunting ladder on epedia so it'll mostly be a case of looking up the Zoluren hunting ladder (or general hunting ladder) and moving up it; experimenting to see which creatures have good perception and will teach you stealth best.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: My problem is stealth 03/02/2016 11:33 PM CST

a bronze ceremonial shield strung with decayed bones
a rugged leather cowl
some rugged gloves
some rugged leathers

Shield Usage: 75 15% clear (0/34) Light Armor: 76 11% clear (0/34)
Chain Armor: 68 32% clear (0/34) Defending: 72 67% clear (0/34)

I wear some chain accs sometimes but not lately as I've been struggling but changing leather accs hasnt changed anything.I wore the chain gloves and balaclava and this shield up this point and have no probs training it at melee till I finished with reavers and hounds.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/02/2016 11:49 PM CST

I mostly poach and had no problems till I got to this level.Its not that I cant hide, I can hide at melee with most critters then they find me. I keep stealth as high as my weapons .Its just the critters dont teach Rocks trolls dont anyways and bucca's and constant retreating gets you a learning penalty I read now a days so thats out.
When I was in reavers and hounds to get to this level hiding and poaching at melee made stealth go up just as fast as the bow.I know some critters train some skills better then others wondering if I'm just in a low zone for stealth training critters.

Discipline : 16
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 09:43 AM CST
You hit the cap for learning Stealth in those areas. You will have to move up to something harder (snowbeasts, theren blood wolves). Also raise your Disc, it will make a difference.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 01:35 PM CST
>> You hit the cap for learning Stealth in those areas. You will have to move up to something harder (snowbeasts, theren blood wolves). Also raise your Disc, it will make a difference.

This, but the thing you're likely running into is too much stealth hindrance. When you move up, in order to actually hide, you'll likely have to take off some of your armor.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 05:37 PM CST

Ok Thanks for the help peoples.I've read a few times that this level is a bad jump to next critter so over the cliff we go.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 06:05 PM CST
It's a bad jump if you're limited to Zoluren, but if you're not, try the blood wolves up by Lang/Theren. Unless I'm misremembering what gap you're on.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 06:45 PM CST
Nothing new to add here.

How I've dealt with the transition to new critters:

Remove armor pieces and train more discipline. Start with the torso (arms/chest), work out. Layer in more protection every few ranks. Hunting in partial armor isn't really going to be the end of the world.

Even in full light armor, it adds up.

I haven't seen anyone address it, but what shield are you wearing? Lumium sipars can hit 1 hindrance. While the protection isn't great, if you're more interested in hiding, they're awesome. And for generic training-hunting, they do great.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/03/2016 07:42 PM CST
>>Ok Thanks for the help peoples.I've read a few times that this level is a bad jump to next critter so over the cliff we go.

As mentioned already if you aren't limited to Zoluren then blood wolves in Theren are a perfect next step. If you are then I'd recommend hunting a mix of blood wolves/silver bears out the West gate of Crossing. You should be just fine with 1-2 bears on you and they will keep your skills moving to ~85 when snowbeasts become easier. Also, as already stated removing armor to train Stealth is the best way to do it at lower ranks. You train down your maneuvering hinderance before you train down your stealth hinderance.
Re: My problem is stealth 03/04/2016 10:24 PM CST

Quick question before I head to Blood wolves in Theren.What are the next level Rock trolls like in Shard would really like to stick to critters that I can skin and get boxes.Sorta know the game but its been 10 years sorta playing a confused Barb.What do I need to get up to those trolls now adays
Circle 17 right now

Strength : 23 Reflex : 16
Agility : 15 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 16 Wisdom : 20
Intelligence : 16 Stamina : 23

Concentration : 95 Max : 95

Shield Usage: 76 57% clear (0/34) Light Armor: 77 44% clear (0/34)
Chain Armor: 70 68% clear (0/34) Defending: 74 59% clear (0/34)
Parry Ability: 69 55% clear (0/34) Small Edged: 65 59% clear (0/34)
Large Edged: 65 04% clear (0/34) Small Blunt: 52 22% clear (0/34)
Slings: 69 04% clear (0/34) Bow: 75 17% clear (0/34)
Crossbow: 72 31% clear (0/34) Polearms: 62 91% clear (0/34)
Brawling: 78 11% clear (0/34) Melee Mastery: 117 14% clear (0/34)
Missile Mastery: 111 65% clear (0/34) Expertise: 94 65% clear (0/34)
Inner Fire: 111 69% clear (0/34) Augmentation: 120 11% clear (0/34)
Evasion: 76 23% clear (0/34) Perception: 112 69% clear (0/34)
Stealth: 81 23% clear (0/34) Locksmithing: 68 29% clear (0/34)
Outdoorsmanship: 151 37% clear (0/34) Skinning: 87 00% thinking (5/34)
Engineering: 138 00% enthralled (32/34) Mechanical Lore: 74 34% clear (0/34)
Appraisal: 124 50% clear (0/34) Tactics: 52 95% clear (0/34)

Re: My problem is stealth 03/04/2016 11:31 PM CST
Keep in mind that I've not hunted rock trolls in a while, but you should be able to hold your own there with those skills. Once you cap out the Shard trolls, gargoyles and snowbeasts are just a short way away. Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: My problem is stealth 03/05/2016 05:36 PM CST

Try Beissworms or go back to the last critter and use them until they won't teach anymore. That is an annoying spot, without a stealth booster it is hard.