Rock Troll spells... 06/08/2015 08:58 PM CDT
So in rock trolls I'm getting just "Gestures at you" and no other messaging.

Anyone know if this is expected? Does it indicate that I "won" whatever Spell vs * contest that Tremor involves. Or are they merely broken in some respect, and should be casting?

Its just that the constant "Gestures at you" messaging is confusing, and that this is exactly the way they broke around the time of Magic v 2.0 until someone could go in and fix them to cast properly
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/08/2015 09:10 PM CDT
Creature casting isn't very effective right now.

That sounds even more broken and I suspect I know what it is. I'll look tonight.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/09/2015 12:42 AM CDT

Thank you for the fast turnaround on this.

Now I see them prepare and cast (or fail to cast) the spell.

I also got two claw trolls on me at once and nearly died. I don't necessarily blame you, but it can't be a coincidence can it :-P That'll teach me to ask for some creatures to become more deadly again.
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/09/2015 01:26 AM CDT
>>I also got two claw trolls on me at once and nearly died. I don't necessarily blame you, but it can't be a coincidence can it :-P That'll teach me to ask for some creatures to become more deadly again.

This warms my frozen twisted heart.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/09/2015 06:28 AM CDT
The old adage, " Be careful what you wish for.", would seem to apply indeed.

Usually when I observe people PvPing it is a problem with their stat assignment being much less than their opponent, and more often than not their opponent has higher skills than they were expecting. - Kodius

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time. - Sun Tzu
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/09/2015 07:48 AM CDT

> Now I see them prepare and cast (or fail to cast) the spell.

It amuses me that they were sitting there backfiring or utterly failing to cast.

> The old adage, " Be careful what you wish for.", would seem to apply indeed.

I wonder if this means the spells will be harder to resist, and will that result in this becoming a dead hunting ground.
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/29/2015 04:20 AM CDT

>> That sounds even more broken and I suspect I know what it is. I'll look tonight.

Wow! This has been happening for 3-4 years now. I just assumed staff knew about it.

They would normally get 1 cast off and then stand around doing that gesture thing. I assumed it was related to concentration or stamina that would cause them to fail to spell.

I'll have to check em out.
Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/29/2015 12:05 PM CDT
Don't expect miracles, even the best casting creatures right now aren't working very well but they should, at least, sorta work.

-Raesh

Re: Rock Troll spells... 06/29/2015 03:44 PM CDT
>> Don't expect miracles, even the best casting creatures right now aren't working very well but they should, at least, sorta work.

What? You are going to add exp from getting hit by creature spells? It's a miracle!