Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 07:52 AM CDT
Hello all! I'm having difficulty training stealth at 52. Most of my complaints are repeated here or in the abilities section - that is that creatures are too easy or too hard. Beisswurms were doing well for me then just quit training. I can stand there for hours with three on me and the poor things search and search while I stay at dabbling. Blood wolves found me instantly (no encumbrance).

I am obviously missing something in between, but what is it and where? I agree the ranges for stealth seem very small and as an Empath I can't ambush or anything of that nature. Any help is appreciated!
Re: Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 08:08 AM CDT

Don't stay hidden, hide stalk unhide rinse and repeat. Beisswurms don't have great perception being cave dwellers though.
Re: Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 08:16 AM CDT

revers/hounds
Origami critters
Buccas

One of those should work.

I don't do Beissworms anymore with any of my characters.
Re: Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 08:26 AM CDT
Thanks, that did help!
Re: Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 08:46 AM CDT
Remove armor pieces if you can't hide in a new area until you can hide on them. Armor is the biggest hinderance to stealth (not encumberance) next to wounds. The next time you encounter this problem, and you will, try removing armor pieces (especially metal pieces) to ease into a new area. As an Empath you should be able to take care of any extra wounds you pick up, but you really shouldn't be getting any if you are just doing unhide;hide successfully.
Re: Training Stealth at 52 05/25/2015 11:43 AM CDT
Engagement range is also a large modifier to success. If you cant hide at melee then retreat to pole or missile and try. This also synergizes well if you removed armor since you'll get hit even less.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators