stealth 02/18/2015 04:22 PM CST

Uhh wow. Sorry for the angry drunken post. Some of that didn't even make sense. Anyway, yes I've tried stalking/ambushing, but to no avail. I have no idea what to practice on. I only seem to move with 4 blood wolves at melee. I've tried all of this with all my armor off, and only minor wounds with the exception of a pet hand bleeder. I can't imagine that would hinder me much, since I don't get any kind of message saying that my wounds are hindering my attempt to hide.

The only thing I can think of to help is to get the rising mists spell, though I can't use that in conjunction with zephyr. At the moment, I've just got a friend teaching me, because I'm seriously stuck unless I wait around for 4 blood wolves (which has at times taken upwards of half an hour.) To answer the question, though, it's the blood wolves near wolf clan.

I know the ones at the top of the southern trade route are a tad harder, but if I can't hide from snowbeasts, I'm doubtful I can hide from those blood wolves, either. I get found a LOT with 4 blood wolves in the room, but at least I can consistently hide.

I dunno, guys, I just feel stealth is poorly implemented. This might not even be the right forum for this post. Sorry again.
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 05:32 PM CST
>>I know the ones at the top of the southern trade route are a tad harder, but if I can't hide from snowbeasts, I'm doubtful I can hide from those blood wolves, either. I get found a LOT with 4 blood wolves in the room, but at least I can consistently hide.

It's quite the opposite. Theren blood wolves fill the gap between Crossing wolves and snowbeasts perfectly. Crossing wolve's skill cap is 70-75, while Theren caps around 90-100, and snowbeasts range from 100-125. Stealth is implemented just fine. It trains within the critter's skill range just like weapons, armors, and defenses, and once you hit the cap you have to move up. Once you get past the 150 skill range you don't have to move hunting grounds every 25 ranks.

Leg/head wounds and armor stealth hinderance have a huge impact on stealth, and a stealth buff makes training much easier.
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 05:32 PM CST
<<I know the ones at the top of the southern trade route are a tad harder, but if I can't hide from snowbeasts, I'm doubtful I can hide from those blood wolves, either.

Bloodwolves in Theren are easier than snowbeasts, so you should be able to hide on them. IIRC in 3.1 Theren bloodwolves cap combats around 80ish and snowbeasts cap around 100ish. Stealth should be ballpark around those numbers as well.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 05:37 PM CST
>>IIRC in 3.1 Theren bloodwolves cap combats around 80ish and snowbeasts cap around 100ish. Stealth should be ballpark around those numbers as well.

Those are more the starting ranks than caps.
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 06:05 PM CST
Oops, that's what I meant.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 06:10 PM CST
IIRC, Rising Mists and Zephyr work fine together now, mana isn't even a consideration. (It is also, consequently, impossible to turn off RM, but it drops after a few seconds when you leave the room)

While I personally enjoy RM for closing up stealth gaps, I'm not sure if the size of the buff is totally worth it at your ranks.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: stealth 02/18/2015 06:33 PM CST
Even a 10 rank buff at his level could be the difference between not being able to hide at all and hiding and staying hidden. That is the one positive from the narrow training ranges, the minimum 10 rank buff is almost half of the teaching range, so it is still useful. If the teaching ranges were spread out to 30-40 ranks per critter at sub-100 levels then buffs would be less useful.