What do I do now? 02/17/2015 09:25 PM CST
I have 76 ranks of hiding. It doesn't move my hiding unless I have FOUR blood wolves. I can't hide from snowbeasts. I can't hide from Silver-backed bears. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO.

This is ridiculous if that's seriously what I'm expected to do at this rank. The gap is WAY too small for hiding if there is only ONE mob I can hide on and it will only train if I have 4 mobs AT MELEE RANGE and I can't hide on ONE mob at missile range with:
1. efficiency of actually being able to hide
2. actual progress in training

How has stealth for non-primary survival classes been allowed to this point? Why is it so hard to train? I have been hiding on blood wolves for THIRTY MINUTES and got to 10/34. My only other option is to go DEEP into Theren to hide on things that, with similar ranks, I was killing! WHY have this GRUDGE against stealth!?? Let me hide on things, or at least give me credit for trying! It's pathetic, it's an insult to me as a gamer, to have absolutely no viable option without having to travel several hours to get to something that will actually make me want to play the game. It's 2015, people aren't going to go to extreme lengths to have progress. I shouldn't have to get on several boats and wait over an hour for simply traveling just for the sake of training at the rank I'm currently at. Make the game accessible. Give people options outside of traveling ungodly distances to deal with unreasonable skill gaps between mobs in one province.

It's like you guys only did combat 3.1 because people had made significant progress in documenting the skill caps from previous versions of the combat system. You don't change a system because people figured it out, you change mechanics. If people wanted to guess numbers, they'd play Sudoku.
Re: What do I do now? 02/17/2015 09:44 PM CST
I don't particularly enjoy stealth, either. It doesn't have as wide of a range as other survival skills (I can train skinning hundreds of ranks higher than weapons). I have posted about it here before.

The only thing I can suggest is removing armor until you can hide on harder creatures.
Re: What do I do now? 02/17/2015 10:51 PM CST
Are you using STALK as well? If able to stay hidden and stalking are you facing a new target and then stalking them and so on? Attacking from the hidden state?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: What do I do now? 02/18/2015 08:59 AM CST
Which blood wolves are you training in? The blood wolves in Crossing are easier than the Theren ones, so move up there if that is the case. If not then try out the fire sprite/maiden, and immature firecats between Dirge and the Faldesu. Those are a good replacement for snowbeasts and have critters at different levels to train on at that range. As others have said, you have to remove some of your armor to train stealth when you move into a new hunting ground.

I've trained multiple new characters from 0-200 in 3.1 and I haven't had to leave Zoluren or Thereniga to do it, and without premie hunting grounds too. You can swim the Faldesu with a little over 120 ranks of Athletics, and the barges/ferries aren't near as long as they used to be so traveling on the mainland does not take that long anymore. The critter skill ranges are pretty narrow at the low levels, you just have to be open to new hunting grounds and training Athletics if you don't like the ferries. It is possible to train at that level and not travel to the far reaches of the game though.
Re: What do I do now? 02/18/2015 03:58 PM CST
I recently did vines and creepers for stealth at that skill range on my Moon Mage and it worked really well.

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Tinkerer of Elanthia