WTH After Mountain Giants 08/18/2018 02:12 PM CDT
Looking for a new creature now that mountain giants are really slowing down on TM and debilitation. I want to stay on the mainland besides in Theren. I'm a necro so prefer no undead. Skills:

~400 parry, shield, weapons
~450 TM/debil
~510 evasion

I don't mind getting parry, shield, and weapons to around 430 before moving. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: WTH After Mountain Giants 08/19/2018 01:46 PM CDT
You could try adanf. Watch out for the "I'll steal your stuff" mechanic (look in the cloak after a kill).
50 more ranks and you could go into black boars/goblins I think. The trick there is you always have to keep something in shield b/c of the throwing axes at you mechanic.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: WTH After Mountain Giants 08/20/2018 07:56 PM CDT
You might be able to do Spirit Dancers. I'm at about the same spot as you in that mountain giants are starting to slow down.

The regular Adn'f don't teach me much. My 3rd & 4th weapons, a bit of tactics, some shield, and my primary armor is slowed down to a trickle in Adn'f warriors and mages.

Another spot that I'm looking at is the scaly seordamars up past gypsies in the Theren area. Don't know if they'll teach you much though as per elantipedia they top out at ~530'sh range.

Bluefalcon
Re: WTH After Mountain Giants 08/21/2018 08:53 AM CDT
This is actually a really crappy area to be in. I spent a good bit of time hopping around a lot hoping to find the right creature. Plan to try lots of creatures is all I can say. I ended up sucking it up and just grinding for a bit in a sub-optimal place, just to get things moved to the point I could make the next step. I sadly can't remember where I ended up right now. I know it was an issue just before I went to celps. And I remember doing tree frogs, warklins, zealots, seords, conjurers, celps and black apes but don't remember what order and don't have time to check right now. Good luck. It was a very frustrating place to be.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: WTH After Mountain Giants 08/21/2018 11:17 AM CDT
If you do consider spirit dancers, just a heads up - mages and warriors are in the area also, and when you kill one, they are sometimes dragged off by the dancers when you kill them. I had the experience last week of lodging 5 tagos in a mage only to see it dragged off. Don't use lodging ammo or weapons, to be safe.