Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 08:23 AM CDT
Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some suggestions in terms of what I could hunt. I've been in shalswars, zealots and sentinels of late.

I'm a ranger, so skinnable would be a big plus.

Here are the other stats to know:
Small Edge: 486
Bow: 454
Brawling: 414

Evasion: 517
Parry: 458
Shield: 309
Defending: 486

It would be great to get some ideas of where I should go next, and what might make sense after that.

Thanks!
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 09:50 AM CDT
Those ranks (not counting shield) look pretty similar to when I moved into black apes on my necro.
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 10:00 AM CDT
I know you want skinnable, but mountain giants might work for combats. Could run down to gryphons or something for skinning.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 10:21 AM CDT

Shadow beasts and Basilisks would be perfect for you. A bit hard to get in and out at first but well worth learning how.
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 11:38 AM CDT
Spirit dancers. Once you hit 550ish in things, Malchata are nice. Both are skinnable and right in Shard.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/30/2014 01:38 PM CDT
>>Spirit dancers.

With 100 more shield ranks than the OP, I felt that Spirit Dancers were hitting a bit too much/hard for me when I tried them last month. Maybe I just had a bad time with the RNG.

Also not the biggest fan of the spirit dancer area since I use thrown weapons/ammo and I think adan'f mages have a habit of grabbing stuff off the ground and stuffing it into their cloaks. It also bugs me that they drag Adan'f mage/warrior corpses off.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 07/31/2014 08:01 PM CDT
I'm in that range except evasion is higher and hunting seordmaors in theren. Work perfect in the mid 400's and skinable. No loot though and if the LB hits ya might cause problems as a ranger. I'm a WM so AC is awesome for them, but I use LW for when I train TM. Only lasts 10 min though

[00:15] Chatter[Uzmam] Damian just wants to beat up dancers, what a bully
[00:15] Chatter[Morpion] Wait for them outside the club at 3 am?
[00:15] Chatter[Damian] i enjoy making them scream with pure terror
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 08/01/2014 10:35 PM CDT

This is very helpful - thanks all!
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 08/11/2014 11:51 AM CDT

Malchata would be a mistake at those ranks. Their fireball is utterly overpowered and stupid.

OP, learn how to get into the caves in Haven. Basilisk, shadowbeast, cinderbeast, hierophant.

Can skin and drop boxes.

As a ranger, this area will get you from 100th circle to 150th circle. You don't have to go anywhere else.
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 08/11/2014 12:26 PM CDT
Malchata are far easier post 3.1 than they used to be. I can hunt there in relative safety at about 525 defenses. The fireballs aren't the world enders they once were.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Suggestions on what to hunt 08/11/2014 12:29 PM CDT
This is without AC or other spell protections up. With those I may as well be hunting rats.