WTH? 09/26/2013 09:24 AM CDT

Options are prob. limited.

I've about used up Orc Raiders and they've been awesome.

1. Tried Celps, but the whole bow thing really turned me off. Bow is the lowest weapon.

2. Purifiers don't really train any better than Raiders, and seem to be more dangerous.

Choices seem to be Zombies in the Boar Clan, or the H'hhiva (however they are spelled)

Evasion 516
Shield 480
Parry 468
Defense 485
Stealth 518
Sword 416
Bow 386

Reflex 50.

Any other suggestions post 3.0?
Re: WTH? 09/26/2013 09:48 AM CDT
Give DP Zealots a whirl. There is a spot with JUST zealots so you don't have to worry about sentinels setting you on fire. I have similar skills to you and they are showing no signs of slowing up for me. Also they have no shields so bow will train fine...I have HT comparable to your bow and can hit them fine and that is without the benefit of aim.

- Starlear -
Re: WTH? 09/26/2013 01:25 PM CDT
>>>>Purifiers don't really train any better than Raiders, and seem to be more dangerous.

>>Give DP Zealots a whirl.

I don't really get why but I've found zealots much easier than purifiers in terms of how often they hit. Plus they don't cast magic so they don't just suddenly stop teaching defenses as they rattle off a bunch of spells.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: WTH? 09/26/2013 04:26 PM CDT

Purifiers are def. not worth hunting (IMHO) in 3.0. Raiders beat them hands down as far as learning. The only issue with raiders was keeping perception moving, since the spawn is 3 per.
Re: WTH? 09/26/2013 08:21 PM CDT
>>Purifiers are def. not worth hunting (IMHO) in 3.0.

Purifiers would be better if:
1) They were more likely set to spawn near you. As it is, they spawn anywhere. Having to run around to find mobs is annoying.
2) Their attacks seem to hit me more often than other attacks of similar skill. I don't get why. I know the attack messaging is unique, but is it using a unique combat roll or something?
3) They didn't cast non-TM magic. As far as I can tell, non-TM magic doesn't even teach defenses. At least TM magic teaches defenses, I think.
4) You could see the damage being done. If I remember right it impossible's to view their wounds because of their uniquely set up look description.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: WTH? 09/27/2013 07:32 AM CDT

Perhaps, I took a character through in 2.0, and the held a valid slot in the progression. Above Grypons, below raiders. Taught better than Gryphs, worse than raiders, but were easier than raiders. Now, they still teach worse than raiders, but are def. tougher.

Not spawning near me doesn't really bother me. I don't kill fast, and always had 3 or so in the room even a few days ago.

Their attacks do seem to bit more often...I suspect balance is more imp. in 3.0. Thus their unbalance, spell is more effective.

Yes, their spells take away from their attacks.

I used to recommend them after Gryphons, now go straight to the manor is doable, and I think, is better teaching.

Zealots, are a good fit for my listed skills.
Re: WTH? 09/27/2013 09:15 AM CDT
>>Their attacks do seem to bit more often...I suspect balance is more imp. in 3.0. Thus their unbalance, spell is more effective.

I think balance actually means less in 3.0. The big thing is just that if they're casting non-TM magic, it doesn't teach defenses as effectively.

>>I used to recommend them after Gryphons, now go straight to the manor is doable, and I think, is better teaching.

If you have Lay Ward to offset their TM (which I feel is a bit much), I'd suggest yellow gremlins.

Re: WTH? 09/27/2013 11:42 AM CDT

Yeah, but those are premie (I think)
Re: WTH? 09/27/2013 12:02 PM CDT
After Orc Raiders I hunted Scaly Seordmaor at Ker'Leor, northwest of Therenborough on the way between to Muspar'i.
Re: WTH? 09/27/2013 12:15 PM CDT

I tried those....granted I only used swan, but I couldn't keep the lightning from smacking me.

but yeah, otherwise them seemed like they'd teach.
Re: WTH? 10/22/2013 04:36 PM CDT
Zombie Maulers, Basilisk/Shadow Beast, Mountain Giants...

You feel a brief sense of unease, as if somehow, somewhere, you'd run afoul of the law.
Re: WTH? 11/09/2013 12:10 AM CST

Ratha Celps would be good, they are easier than the south celps and they will take you right into that area.