Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 12:03 AM CDT
I'm looking for a creature to help me train TM.

TM: 488, Agi: 78.

My spell of choice is Pyre, which puts some restrictions on the sort of creature I need. Pyre is:

1) AOE, so I want a swarmy critter.
2) Fire damage, so I need a critter which isn't fire resistant.
3) Inaccurate, so I need a critter that's easy to hit with my ranks.
4) Finicky with undead, so I need a critter that isn't undead/cursed.

I tried black apes, and I could get glancing and light hits, but not enough to learn decently. So I guess I need something a little below them. Does such a critter exist?
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 07:42 AM CDT

maybe celepeze?
/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 08:03 AM CDT
Does bolt/arrow train TM better when spammed than Pyre? Would it be an option to simply slip a TM line into your script, swap Pyre with something else, and then go back to default when you have more ranks? I'm assuming Pyre will hit harder with more TM ranks.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 09:20 AM CDT
>>maybe celepeze?

celpeze <> pyre. Celps are fire resistant.

Try the Dragon Priests in Raven's Point?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 10:08 AM CDT
FWIW, I suffered with TM from around those ranks all the way until I could use Pyre in armadillos.

What you really want is a Gar Zeng spell scroll. You would not believe how easy it is to train TM using that spell, much less Chain Lightning :/

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 12:17 PM CDT
>What you really want is a Gar Zeng spell scroll. You would not believe how easy it is to train TM using that spell, much less Chain Lightning :/

...how did L ever get access to CL? I didn't think there were any scrolls/devices of that one allowed through the system, since it's a high-tier and considered signature.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 04:19 PM CDT
>Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.

You just added something to the conversation, your post was date stamped as:

09/09/2012 01:17
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 05:04 PM CDT
> maybe celepeze?

As mentioned, these are quite fire resistant, so won't do.

> Does bolt/arrow train TM better when spammed than Pyre?

You know, I haven't tried this in a while. I was having a miserable time training TM, so I gave up on it, and then gained about 50 ranks from classes. Maybe things are better now.

> Try the Dragon Priests in Raven's Point?

I'll give them a try, thanks.

> What you really want is a Gar Zeng spell scroll.

Tell me about it. I got my hands on a Smite Horde spell recently, but I wasn't righteous enough to use it.
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 05:40 PM CDT
Okay, Pyre + bolt spam in zealots gets my TM moving, but it does it very slowly. At the rate I'm going, it will take me 90 minutes to lock. Should I expect better, or does TM training just hurt for everyone?
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 06:59 PM CDT
Have you tried maulers/warklins? They are still teaching defenses well past 500s, not sure how far they make take one offensively...

GENT
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/09/2012 08:22 PM CDT
They're my stomping ground and have been for a while. 470's defenses, 350-410 offenses. Both move rapidly. Maulers, however, are almost immune to slice damage. I don't know how they react to fire.
Re: Looking for that special creature 09/10/2012 03:52 AM CDT
Just wanted to report success. I got my hands on a FS scroll, and I tried spamming that at 15 (for 2 shards) paired with Pyre (which boosts fire spells) in Zealots. With this strategy, it took me only 30 minutes to lock, which is a vast improvement. I'll give warklins a shot next time I'm Crossing, but it looks like my problem's solved.

FS, the poor man's GZ.