Shalswar 04/30/2012 11:45 AM CDT

Hey....did when did the riders on Shalswar start attacking while mounted? I hunted Shalswar for quite awhile without worrying about Sentinal arrows until I killed the Shalswar....was surprised this weekend when i was back there and both Zealots and Sentinals attacked while mounted. Luckily, I no longer try to train parry in Shalswar...but it was a surprise.
Re: Shalswar 04/30/2012 12:35 PM CDT
>>Hey....did when did the riders on Shalswar start attacking while mounted?

Likely a side result of my recent Dragon Priest emergency fixes. I just double-checked, and it looks like they were originally designed to behave this way.

GM Grejuva
Re: Shalswar 04/30/2012 05:07 PM CDT
>back there and both Zealots and Sentinals attacked while mounted

aha! I thought I noticed the same this weekend but figured they'd always been doing that and I just hadn't noticed.

As an aside, if it hasn't been said enough, but they're just really well designed and fun critters to hunt. I'm kind of overhunting when I'm in that area already so it's a constant white-knuckle experience for me. And that's a good thing.
Re: Shalswar 05/02/2012 11:17 PM CDT

Oh it kind of makes sense that they should be able to attack, but it was a surprise.

Luckily for me, Flavius is no longer relying upon Shalswar to learn Parry because Sentinal attacks would make that pretty much impossible if you can still learn parry there. Flavius got flamed several times when he forgot to swap stances back from parry to shield when he started killing off the Shalswar.

Now....lets talk about Plague Wraiths special attack.....
Re: Shalswar 05/06/2012 02:21 PM CDT

Likely a side result of my recent Dragon Priest emergency fixes. I just double-checked, and it looks like they were originally designed to behave this way.

GM Grejuva

Hey Grejuva- looks like maybe there was another result then- some time back Shalswar were changed so we could see what was riding them- Sentinals or Zealots- as I recall both when they entered the room and when you looked at them. But that isn't possible now. But it is no more important than before since the Sentinals can attack without warning. Probably would help people out if that could be rolled back in.

Flavius
Re: Shalswar 05/06/2012 02:42 PM CDT
>>Hey Grejuva- looks like maybe there was another result then- some time back Shalswar were changed so we could see what was riding them- Sentinals or Zealots- as I recall both when they entered the room and when you looked at them.

Are you sure? I'm only seeing two descriptions in the code: mounted by an unspecified DP and unmounted.

GM Grejuva
Re: Shalswar 05/06/2012 04:38 PM CDT
Yeah in the past when i've hunted there you could definately see which of the two was mounted.
Re: Shalswar 05/06/2012 06:17 PM CDT
> Are you sure? I'm only seeing two descriptions in the code: mounted by an unspecified DP and unmounted.

Check the ones in Plat; ours show up as ridden by zealot or sentinel. Chances are we didn't get the DP update, whatever it pertained to.

- Tyr, player of

Grolig exclaims, "Silly Paladin!"
Re: Shalswar 05/06/2012 08:09 PM CDT
>>Check the ones in Plat; ours show up as ridden by zealot or sentinel. Chances are we didn't get the DP update, whatever it pertained to.

Plat did get the update. To make sure we're all talking about the same thing...

If it is the critter's entrance message, it is random and will only sometimes show the zealot/sentinel.
If it is the critter list in the room look, it's working in Prime too. To see it, make sure you have Set RoomBrief disabled.
If it is the critter's Describe info, you won't see the specific DP riding it. This is the case in Plat too.

GM Grejuva
Re: Shalswar 05/07/2012 12:33 PM CDT

"If it is the critter's entrance message, it is random and will only sometimes show the zealot/sentinel.
If it is the critter list in the room look, it's working in Prime too. To see it, make sure you have Set RoomBrief disabled.
If it is the critter's Describe info, you won't see the specific DP riding it. This is the case in Plat too.

GM Grejuva"

I would like to suggest that given that both the Zealots and Sentinals can attack while mounted now, that we be able to see them both when they enter the room and when we look at them. It only makes sense, and especially considering the issue of the Sentinals arrows, will make hunting there- and trying to learn parry- a more reasonable option.

Right now as i recall- when the Shalswar enters the room it will only describe the generic type of rider.

What would make even more sense is to have it show up in the assess function.
Re: Shalswar 05/08/2012 07:21 AM CDT
I second the post.

Reason being - I can take down a shalswar, and even a sentinel. Zealots however are over my head, and I would like to avoid them if possible until I'm ready for them.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Shalswar 05/08/2012 03:18 PM CDT

I suspect you are speaking of your necro, not your cleric.

Clerics can deal with Zealots......

But your point is valid regardless.
Re: Shalswar 05/08/2012 06:39 PM CDT
my cleric is nowhere near fighting shalswar yet. :-(

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Shalswar 05/09/2012 12:38 AM CDT

You have been having too much fun with your necro!
Re: Shalswar 05/09/2012 06:55 AM CDT
actually, last couple months haven't hardly been playing her at all. been having fun with my barbarian. Rawr!

she's not near shalswar though, i've gotten her up to baby gryphs!

/---
Leucius
Re: Shalswar 05/09/2012 07:23 PM CDT

And by the way- I see what Grejuva meant- you can see the riders in the room 'look', but when they enter, you only get a generic 'rider' and can't see the rider when looking or appraising. So there is at least a way to see if Sentinals are in the room.
Re: Shalswar 05/10/2012 02:13 AM CDT
i'm curious, you mentioned a clerical way of dealing with the zealots - to which spell were you referring?

/---
Leucius
Re: Shalswar 05/10/2012 04:40 PM CDT

I'd assume he means PS or COZ.