Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/17/2012 12:37 PM CDT
Juggernaut bombs, the exploding kind. It'd be nice if they taught some disarming, had a lower range of skill required to disarm them, a chance to explode them and the RT scaled depending on how far over the min you were. Maybe in line with the boxes they drop?

I think the current mechanics allow anyone to disarm with the drawback being a largish RT.

Finding a combat use for disarming was pretty cool. It might be it does all this (except the RT scaling) already and the range is just a bit lower than my actual skill.

If anyone of mid-high range combats with crap disarming wants to give them a shot, I'd be interested to see the results.

People will find you just as tedious and boring to talk to at 1000 ranks as they did at 100.
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/17/2012 08:25 PM CDT
"with crap disarming wants to give them a shot, I'd be interested to see the results."

Tried twice, failed to disarm, Died once!

A Dragon Priest assassin sweeps the area with its serpentine eyes and snarls, "You can not hide forever! Your fate hasss already been sssealed!"
A Dragon Priest assassin eyes narrow as it points at you and hisses, "You ssshall be retired, mark!"
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/18/2012 12:40 PM CDT
>>Tried twice, failed to disarm, Died once!

Thanks, guess that clears that up but while we're on the topic of juggernauts...I can dance with three with khri avoid up and not get hit, 4 with light hits. Just got done killing two others, each a one shot, one left on me than this:

* A Dragon Priest juggernaut chops wide at you. You block with a crocodile-skin buckler.
[You're incredibly balanced and in strong position.]
>
* A Dragon Priest juggernaut sweeps low at you. You barely block with a crocodile-skin buckler. The shh'oi'lata lands an earth-shaking strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
A Dragon Priest juggernaut giggles in triumph as it savagely lifts your corpse from the ground with one arm, waving your lifeless body over its head like a broken toy. With a mighty grunt the Dragon Priest juggernaut hurls you though the air, sending your corpse spinning south in a blur of movement.

No lead up stuns, hits or anything. I had a few minor scrapes, light burden.

Is this normal? I've had mobs get lucky shots on me before but wow.

People will find you just as tedious and boring to talk to at 1000 ranks as they did at 100.
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/18/2012 12:43 PM CDT
>>Is this normal? I've had mobs get lucky shots on me before but wow.

Until 3.0: Yes

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/18/2012 04:55 PM CDT
Yea, welcome to upper level hunting. It only gets worse from there.
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/25/2012 05:32 AM CDT
Make sure you aren't just standing there after sweeping. Sweep is not your friend.
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/26/2012 12:02 PM CDT
My armor was almost destroyed too. Found that out after a spar. People have reported spikey combat with damaged armor. Literally almost all of my armor was 'almost destroyed'. Definitely contributed.

Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/27/2012 05:33 AM CDT
You're going to start seeing problems if you let your armor get beyond 20% damaged.
Re: Dragon Priest Juggernauts 04/30/2012 11:03 AM CDT
<<Sweep is not your friend.

Madigan