How Long.... 11/30/2011 07:27 AM CST
How long will young gryphons teach? On elanthipedia it says young gryphons go to 450. I can hunt celps but I can't train all my skills there. For example, every time I attack with my broadsword, they tear me apart. I need to milk the young gryphons for as long as possible to let some of my other skills catch up to my defenses. My evasion is sitting at 451 with my shield, parry and multi at 400.

I'm a Moon Mage so travel is not an issue if I need to move to a different critter. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Dierik

To be fair, I've always privately characterized Burn as an orbital death laser. Armifer
Re: How Long.... 11/30/2011 03:21 PM CST
You're probably pretty high circle with pretty nice reflex/agi/disc as a moonie with those combats? You're real close to the point where it's nice to move to purifiers/shalswar to bridge to celps.
Re: How Long.... 11/30/2011 04:29 PM CST
101 circle Moonie.

Reflex : 55
Agility : 55
Discipline : 52

Do you mean sentinals / zealots? The purifiers don't train any higher than the gryphons.

Dierik

To be fair, I've always privately characterized Burn as an orbital death laser. Armifer
Re: How Long.... 12/03/2011 08:51 AM CST
<<My evasion is sitting at 451 with my shield, parry and multi at 400. >>

my evasion is just a tad higher, 467, but my shield is still 316, multi 364,and my parry still a stinky 258. I did try go into celps on ratha to see how i'd fare. They beat me up pretty bad once 3 got on me, still. Being as I couldn't really use my best offensive/ defensive abilities there <its considered a justice zone>, i figure i still have to wait a while longer. Young gryphs are still teaching me quite well, so i figure by the time my TM <although i'll have to stick to analogous spells> and 2he hit 400, i should be able to take them. I'm hoping to skip hunting DPs altogether for RP reasons. I figure reivers/raiders should work as a transition critter once i top out gryphons.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: How Long.... 12/03/2011 09:38 AM CST
I used shalswar, so I can't say for sure, but when I recommended shalswar on these boards a lot of other people recommended purifiers as an equal or better bridge. If you're just judging how they train by Elanthipedia...don't do that. Elanthipedia is pretty inaccurate when it comes to training caps for mobs.
Re: How Long.... 12/03/2011 10:25 AM CST
I just moved my Fizzickle to Mer'Kresh celps and dance with 4 without getting touched. The following spells are active:

You sense a moderate Tranquility upon you, which should last for about four roisaen.
You sense the Blood Staunching spell upon you, which should last for about two roisaen.
You sense the Aggressive Stance spell upon you, which should last for about five roisaen.
Your magical senses detect the Manifest Force spell surrounding you with a slight yellow flicker.
You sense the Gift of Life spell upon you, which should last for at least an anlas and six roisaen.
You sense the Refresh spell upon you which should last around fifteen roisaen.

I don't use SOP in combat. Ever.

The relevant skills:

Shield Usage: 442 14% mind lock (34/34)
Leather Armor: 440 79% mind lock (34/34)
Parry Ability: 445 86% rapt (30/34)
Multi Opponent: 424 48% mind lock (34/34)
Brawling: 331 16% rapt (30/34)
Evasion: 493 83% mind lock (34/34)

The relevant stats:

Strength : 40 Reflex : 51
Agility : 51 Charisma : 50
Discipline : 71 Wisdom : 59
Intelligence : 60 Stamina : 71 +

Stances:

Shield 100
Parry 0
Evasion 86

or

Parry 100
Shield 0
Evasion 86

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: How Long.... 12/07/2011 11:14 PM CST
>>My evasion is sitting at 451 with my shield, parry and multi at 400. ...if I need to move to a different critter.

Not sure why nobody ever mentions Shadow Beasts under the Zalfung - I trained in there to 550-600 range on a bunch of skills. Its water and indoors though, so not sure how that would affect moon-spells...

- Kart
Re: How Long.... 12/07/2011 11:16 PM CST
mainly because its so hard of an area to get to. I have explored the area, but its maze-like entry makes it a pain to try and get in and out.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: How Long.... 12/08/2011 02:02 PM CST
Shadow beasts seemed weird for TM to me. Otherwise they were pretty good.
Re: How Long.... 12/09/2011 01:01 PM CST

I found shadow beasts to teach TM very poorly much lower than 550- as much as Flavius likes undead, Shalswar are superior to Shadow Beasts for his training.
Re: How Long.... 12/09/2011 03:01 PM CST

>>Shalswar are superior to Shadow Beasts for his training.

Just watch out for the Dragon Priest Sentinels firery longbow arrows of doom. Learned that lesson at about 4 this morning. Heh.

WHOOSH <~~insert screams of terror. Commenced stop drop and roll, forgot about the shalswars that were at pole range, ended up DED. LOL

Jim
Re: How Long.... 12/10/2011 05:57 AM CST
i TOLD ya to train yer shield! <poke>

-t-

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: How Long.... 12/15/2011 05:55 AM CST
>Just watch out for the Dragon Priest Sentinels firery longbow arrows of doom. Learned that lesson at about 4 this morning. Heh.

I fell for this yesterday - I had finished training stealths, so decided to do a bit of parry training, forgetting that I had left a sentinel alive.

>You fail to move out of the path of the curious-looking arrow in time, and it strikes your right eye with tremendous force. Upon impact, the crystal bottle attached to the tip shatters and douses you in copious amounts of naphtha, ingniting with a massive WHOOOMPH!

Insert running around on fire for a while until the naphtha wears off.

Your body feels slightly battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some moderately deep cuts about the head, deep cuts across the neck, deep cuts across the right arm, deep cuts across the left arm, deep cuts across the right leg, deep cuts across the left leg, deep cuts across the right hand, deep cuts across the left hand, deep cuts across the chest area, deep cuts across the abdomen, deep cuts across the back, a large skin rash.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head light
neck light
right arm light
left arm light
right leg light
left leg light
right hand light
left hand light
chest bad
abdomen bad
back light

I noticed that I also did not get an insta death from a critical - these are usually fatal but this time not even a scratch. Does that mean I out-lucked the critter or just outclassing them now?

* Driving in like an adept combatant but managing somehow to improve its position, an armored shalswar trills with glee as it slashes its talons at you. You slap away nearly all the talons with a blackened steel parry stick with sturdy steelsilk straps. The talons lands a brushing strike to your chest.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]

I have also had a couple that have practically destroyed the neck but must have been 1 iota short of a total body part destruction (I attribute this to now using chain headgear).
Re: How Long.... 12/22/2011 02:04 PM CST

Sorry so late on the response, real life grabbed me by the cuff of my shirt and told me I had to get off the computer for awhile. Heh.

I've got a few more things to work on, like shield before I go back into that place. So traveled back to Rossmans to Orc Raiders. I was killin the shalswars and dragon priests using stealths. Pretty easily I might add. But to actually work armor/dancing I have no idea where to go in Shard. Except maybe Griffons. Any ideas?

Parry Ability: 305 77% clear
Multi Opponent: 277 58% clear
Light Edged: 240 39% clear
Medium Edged: 307 97% clear
Light Thrown: 227 37% clear
Evasion: 352 30% clear
Perception: 385 53% clear
Hiding: 402 45% clear
Lockpicking: 339 68% clear
Disarm Traps: 318 18% clear
Stalking: 400 21% clear
Foraging: 301 95% clear
Backstab: 360 78% clear
Shield Usage: 105 52% clear
Leather Armor: 248 49% clear
Light Chain: 232 53% clear

Other skills needed to train nearby:
Stealing: 289 53.44% clear
Mech Lore: 360 38.11% clear

And yea, I was doin AWESOME in shalswar. Did great in Adan'f Dancers also. Just the whole needing 11 ranks in stealing at the moment for 100th. Is kinda what put me back in Rossmans. Shops being closed at night in Shard is a bummer. Guess I could just train Stealing non-stop every hour on the hour for the next 4 days. I don't know. Heh.

Jim
Re: How Long.... 12/23/2011 08:20 AM CST
young gryphons will continue to teach you evasion, shield, etc.

I'm still learning evasion in gryphons at 477, and teaching me stealths, which are catching up to yours. <only 7 ranks difference now>.

you also might try the toad things up by leth too.

-t-

Re: How Long.... 12/24/2011 07:10 AM CST

I'd stay in gryphons as long as possible