Re: Alternative to baby celps 10/29/2011 07:23 AM CDT
>Storm bulls.

Just an FYI, stone carving will let you hunt at melee there without ES (assuming that the weapon you train has a stone template). That said the spawn is still dumb in there if there's more than 1 hunter.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Alternative to baby celps 10/29/2011 07:31 AM CDT
Brawling also works fine in storm bulls, even if you're using metal brawling aids. But yeah, you need to hope you're the only hunter.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/07/2011 07:40 PM CST
>That said the spawn is still dumb in there if there's more than 1 hunter.

Heh, true that. When I tried them they darn near annihilated me because there was one other guy in the area. I didn't have less than 9-12 in the room at all times. It was nuts.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/08/2011 06:04 AM CST
>Heh, true that. When I tried them they darn near annihilated me because there was one other guy in the area. I didn't have less than 9-12 in the room at all times. It was nuts.

This was in storm bulls?
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/08/2011 01:50 PM CST
>This was in storm bulls?

Yup. The only real suitable replacement for celps that I found in my 2 week search of elanthia was Zombie Stompers. They're fairly comparable, if not a tad harder. They tend to hit me more than the celps did. But they do train my bow a LOT better.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/08/2011 09:04 PM CST
>>Yup. The only real suitable replacement for celps that I found in my 2 week search of elanthia was Zombie Stompers. They're fairly comparable, if not a tad harder. They tend to hit me more than the celps did. But they do train my bow a LOT better. <<

they may train your bow better, but the bottom line is for training, once you hit celps, for optimal training (sans boxes), its the islands or bust.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/08/2011 09:52 PM CST
>Yup. The only real suitable replacement for celps that I found in my 2 week search of elanthia was Zombie Stompers. They're fairly comparable, if not a tad harder. They tend to hit me more than the celps did. But they do train my bow a LOT better.

Wow, storm bulls must have been revamped recently. Last I heard it was an area that spawned at a set number, regardless of the number of hunters. That's a great change if it happened.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/08/2011 10:11 PM CST
> Wow, storm bulls must have been revamped recently. Last I heard it was an area that spawned at a set number, regardless of the number of hunters. That's a great change if it happened.

I was there a week ago and they were still spawning a fixed number. So I'm not sure what the other poster was experiencing.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/09/2011 01:07 PM CST
>So I'm not sure what the other poster was experiencing.

Possibly it was a fluke, but I nearly died and could barely get out... :/
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/09/2011 06:09 PM CST
>the bottom line is for training, once you hit celps, for optimal training (sans boxes), its the islands or bust

...until it's time to go to intercessors.
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/10/2011 01:03 AM CST
not everyone wants to fight DP. sometimes there are RP reasons not to fight them. :-)

Or, fight them once and hate both yourself and the one that "ordered" you to do so. For RP reasons...

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/10/2011 01:09 AM CST
>>not everyone wants to fight DP. sometimes there are RP reasons not to fight them. :-)

"Dirty traitor" is certainly a valid rp choice :D
Malkien
Re: Alternative to baby celps 11/10/2011 07:23 AM CST
<<not everyone wants to fight DP.

This is going to be pretty inconvenient with the DP dungeon raid endgame.