Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/08/2014 07:39 PM CDT
Shield Usage: 415 06% mind lock (34/34) Chain Armor: 452 56% mind lock (34/34)
Defending: 456 83% mind lock (34/34) Parry Ability: 447 16% mind lock (34/34)
Small Edged: 433 60% mind lock (34/34) Melee Mastery: 412 06% very rapt (31/34)
Evasion: 547 50% dabbling (1/34) Stealth: 548 34% engrossed (27/34)

Currently in raiders in rossmans. Was wondering if there might be a better choice for me to help evasion move a little bit more. Looking for some advice, thanks.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/08/2014 08:29 PM CDT
All depends on your hunting style. I wouldn't move at all, not with shield, armor, weapons, and mastery skill lagging evasion by 100 or more ranks. The gap is only going to get wider.

"I only automatically kill players when they're asking for it or it's funny. Or both." ~GM Raesh
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/08/2014 11:26 PM CDT
TM moves just fine, its close to evasion rank wise. I just sit there a bit then, I don't need any of that to circle, so its not an issue. I had capped evasion off in gryphons, so I moved up to raiders, and worked great so it can move still. I suppose I try to get my defs to 500s before moving again.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/09/2014 02:31 PM CDT
Try Mountain Giants, Hibbles.

Samsaren
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/11/2014 12:22 AM CDT
Thanks.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/13/2014 10:21 AM CDT
Not sure why you want to keep moving evasion but we have similar stats (I have been hunting in Raiders too) I decided to try the fortress and found it perfect for moving all weapons and armor. Constant gen rate. Evasion is 499, parry 477, shield 472 light armor 505. I train all weapons so my mastery skills are kind of out of whack. Melee is 614 and missle 570. It is still very exciting to get in and out of the fortress! (not really that difficult)
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/13/2014 02:48 PM CDT
>Not sure why you want to keep moving evasion...

It's a core combat skill and a defense, who says, "I don't want to learn evasion?" There's no reason to neglect training it for the sake of catching secondaries and tertiaries up at the moment. Yes the higher you get the wider the gap becomes, but currently, you can transition thorough hunting grounds fine with a tert vs secondary vs primary break down, 3.1 will change this, but for now, he can pick a hunting area and learn evasion along with his other skills. You just need the right creatures which overlap in exp.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather have 700 evasion 500 shield and parry than 500 in all 3 just so they can be close in ranks. That just means that I get to learn primary skills at a teritary rate.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/14/2014 12:42 PM CDT
I went from Raiders to Zombie Stompers in Boar Clan with a little bit less than that in combats, so it should be an easy transition for you.

And I agree with Clerichax about evasion. It's not the end-all be-all defense that is used to be, but it's the most versatile and penalized defense out of the 3 so why ever stop training it? My Thief is sitting at 640 shield/900+ evasion right now, and I have no problem when moving up the ladder. More ranks only equals a higher defensive factor behind the scenes. Stopping to catch them up only hurts in the long run.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/14/2014 12:53 PM CDT
The character in question is a moon mage. I had huge issues when I went to zombie stompers. The fortress area seems interesting, I do some research on it. As far as evasion goes, its not about it being the best skill, its more about why not train it now, and gain the tdps from it now, instead of waiting a few months when everything catches up. If I can keep it training fine in one area, I am more happy to do so. If I can't, I can't. No biggy either way. Thank you all for the suggestions, thoughts, and advice.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/14/2014 02:50 PM CDT

I hunted mountain giants before stompers. Its an easy transition.
Re: Suggestions on better hunting area? 04/16/2014 01:04 PM CDT
Thanks, these mountain giants fill the gap I was needing filled. Thanks a ton.